Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:38:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
138 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 138
Total: 138

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Weber Sheep Skin Covers?

Started by sagrada737, May 26, 2020, 03:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

Does anyone have a source for replacement Sheepskin covers for Weber Seats?

It would be great if some company offered these.  The local upholstery shops in my area are not capable of restoring my Weber covers.  Any info and/or guidance on this would be of great help.   Thanks.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

bernard S

you buy the sheepskins take to car place for recover

Garys

Thats one way. The other is to purchase wool car seat covers and using the webber seat covers as a template cut them to size. As long the side material is not torn, there should be no reason why they cant be re-sewn to the new wool. This is the approach I took when changing the covers from grey to brown. Marco owns those seats now and he has plenty of pictures with the seats here https://boeing747sim.com/?page_id=16

Anyone business or person with an industrial/heavy duty sewing machine will be able to do this job so I'm not sure why the local upholstery shops are saying they cant do it other than they just dont want too.

bernard S

gary is correct    do not take to aircraft ..or it will cost you arm and a leg .. but why not add seat warmers snd massage with memory foam    pimp those puppies i did   lol   now all that good stuff  being said   you need following

x2 sheepskins per seat  pan and back
make sure they are from same batch number so colours are same

and finally   ask yourself do they have to be boring grey   why not red  blue or someother colour that goes with your material ..just a thought 

MistyBlue

I bought some very nice sheepskin (and seat fabric) at a very good price from OmnAvia Interiors in Dallas (https://omnavia-interiors.com/) but you'll have to have someone cut them and sew them on.  I was very satisfied with their courteous service even though I'm just a hobbyist.

jackpilot

I ordered some Boeing OEM Fabric for my seats years ago.
Very nice people!!

Jack

mickc

Same here, great to deal with.
Also with regard to the sheepskins, i found mine at Ikea of all places.   
Doesnt look like they still do them, but they were called Ludde - Grey sheepskin.
Perfect match for the OEM ones, the right curl and shade of grey.
I bought 4 of them, and gave them, the OEM fabric and the old covers to a custom motor trimmer who made a new set based on the old ones as a pattern.

bernard S

if you are buying sheepskins   ensure they are same batch number otherwise there will be colour differences   you can also get the shaggy style too my suggesrion dont be dull pimp them  mine are mushroom coloured with paprika harnesses and paprika hardware on cream leather all ratherbsaucy and tasty   

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate