Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:31:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
116 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 116
Total: 116

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Airbus Trim Wheel

Started by brianwilliamson, January 22, 2021, 04:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brianwilliamson

Gentlemen I need some help with a trim wheel for the Airbus. Ok I know most here are Boeing, but the principal is the same.

I have had it working for some years without a problem until the IOCard DC motor decided to do a runaway and tear the stops out, so I rebuilt everything including a new DC Motor Plus from O.C.

I also installed a 10 turn pot. which I suspect is giving me problems.

Having said that as the bare outline of my problems, apart from not being able to get the Plus card working, the 10 turn pot. has now given false readings.

So what do you fellows use for the pot. and are you using the Opencockpits USB motor or the Plus ?

Any help would be appreciated, before I go to the bottle shop for supplies. The frustration using some of the Opencockpit stuff really tries the patience out !!

The 12 v. motor is geared very low and I had it working in the software to slow down before it reaches the stop position and the rpm is much lower than the 737.

You cannot view this attachment. So basically it runs the trim wheel directly off the motor which has the 10 turn pot. connected directly to the end shaft of the motor, which only needs 6 turns approx.

regards............Brian W
3 X 6700K @ 4.4Ghz, W7-64 bit, 3 X GTX 1070-- 3 X Optoma 1020 GT Projectors, Airbus A 320 Flight Sim
plus 3 control computers.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate