Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:40:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
58 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 63
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 58
Total: 58

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Mobiflight, Arduino, help needed

Started by FSAddon_boss, February 07, 2022, 02:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSAddon_boss

Hi everybody, I am slowly getting back on my feet and have picked up where I left off a month ago.

I have 'disassembled' my Flightlink bottom panel, because I can no longer use my Epic interface. So I decided to cut the main cable and power the switches through my 2560 Arduino instead.

I am slowly learning to use this method. Have my landing ger lights and an external switch working, linked to FSX for now.
Next step is leading all the wires of the switches to the Arduino board.
The simple on-off switches are not a problem. I have traced all the colors, and found that most are powered with just one wire, which is attached to the middle contact, and then connected to the next switch, and the next, and so on.

For each switch I can use a contact on my Arduino board and link it to the sim through Mobiflight's presets.

BUT....... my problem starts with the contact switch and the fuel selector. These have more wires and I cannot find how to make them work.
The power switch even has a wire going to the starter button, which should only work when the power switch is set to BOTH (magnetos).

Any hints will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
Francois
retired

Jason L

Quick look your fuel selector, the middle wire is your ground, and the other tree are probably your LEFT, RIGHT, and BOTH.  I'm guessing they did not wire the OFF.  You can do some logic in mobiflight to do the same.

The starts looks to be the same, where this time all 4 positions were wired. You'd need to see if when switched to BOTH you get connectivity between the middle ground wire on the switch and the wire going to the starter button.

FSAddon_boss

Thanks Jason. I assume I need a seperate Arduino contact and associated 'action' on each wire, right?

I got the ' regular' switches working and have identified most wires already.
Best regards,
Francois
retired

Bob Reed

Best thing to remember is, they are all just switches. Just like the ones you have already wired. 

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate