Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:41:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
487 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 498
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 487
Total: 487

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Lear 45 build

Started by shaneb, October 18, 2009, 07:10:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaneb

ok guys you got me. I have to tell this one on myself  . . I open up the thread  . . quickly read  something about explicit material . . panic sets in . . what did I post?  . . thought it was sim photos! . . quickly scan up to reply 195 then the burn sets in . . . Phil got me!  I needed a good laugh this afternoon! Thanks Phil . . good one Maurice!       ;D
Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

Trevor Hale

LMFAO>>>>>  Hilarious.  Its unbeleivable how the mind can play tricks on you.  Great Job Guys.  And Shane, you only have yourself to blame for building something so amazing.  Great stuff.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

phil744

"You may want to consider leaving this hobby. I mean...getting sexually aroused by a curtain is just a bit too weird in my opinion. Get out before knobs start to arouse you as well  ;D

Maurice"

The curtains remined me of something that happened on a recent trip to China, all I wll say it was a different type of "cockpit" that was behind the curtains ;) and thats all i will say on the matter...
---------------------------------------------------------------------
757-200, P3D, LD767,Arduino, panels by some british moron, pile of dead airplane parts and a hammer!

Yeah i got one of these facebook things too http://www.facebook.com/Simvionics

jackpilot

Jack

shaneb

Hey guys,

It has been over a month since I posted an update . . . and I have not done any work to the sim.  I have been busy  remodeling the sim room.   The room needed a face lift and I have been working hard to get it finished so I can get back to work on the build.

Tonight I finally finished the majority of the work and was able to hang a couple of Lear 45 posters on the wall, move my small Lear library and associated manuals into the room, and move the parts not installed in the build to their new location within the room.   Here are a few photos of L45-007's new home.

The plan is to use a curved projector screen . . it just fits the room and the shell is sitting in very close proximity to where it will be positioned with the curved screen in place.

Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

ETomlin

So awesome- you've done a great job. Really looking forward to making a trip up there one day!
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

XOrionFE

Jetcos

Very very nice Shane!
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

jackpilot

Kinda clean room we all dream of!!   ::)

Jack

shaneb

Hey guys,

It has been quite a while since I updated my build . . between working overtime and trying to keep all my work at home caught up I have fallen behind in my build. I do have a couple of small updates.  I have completed the prototype of a newer design of the elevator disconnect box located on the pilot side of the TQ pedestal. It now features a switch that can be interfaced and the handle can be pulled up and rotated 90 degrees to lock the handle in position as in the real world Lear 45.

I also found a Universal  FMC  on Ebay and added it to my collection of real parts . . I plan on using this one for a dummy and most likely add a small LCD for ATC or other programs.

jackpilot

About time you get back to real things...lol
Very nice work..keep on.. keep on...
Cheers
Jack

Jack

hexpope

I love your build, you are propbably the best Lear jet builder I have seen on the web. Great work and I would love to try out your sim. Also, might I ask, which software are you using for the avionics ?

shaneb

Thanks Jack . . I can't resist those real parts . . love em!

hexpope . . . I will be using JET45 as it is the only software that comes close to simulating the Lear 45 avionics.  You can take a look at it here . .

http://www.flightdecksoft.com/software/jet45

This software is being developed by two of the members over at Hangar 45 and is a work in progress.

shaneb

Hey guys,

Been awhile since I updated my build thread . .  earlier this year work kept me away from home and once back home I re-designed and completed five pitch disconnect assemblies and one parking brake assembly for Hangar 45 members. 

Now back to work on my project . . the last few days I have been working on stick shakers for my project.  Awhile back I was able to pick up two stick shakers from Ebay and confirmed that they worked once I received them.  These are not exactly like the shakers in the Lear 45 but are close enough and will provide the function needed.  I am using a 24V power supply to power the shakers.

Here are some specs on the shakers:

Part number: 2380051-2
Manufacturer: Lear Jet Corporation / Kansas
Voltage: 27VDC 5A

Here are a few photos of the stick shakers . . .

The one on the left is stock . . the one on the right I have modified by adding a connector that looks similiar as to what is found in the 45.

I was able to clean these up with some dawn dishwashing liquid and water. After cleaning, a few of the parts like the cap, and attachment bracket assembly were removed, sandblasted and repainted. I was able to tape off the foil label prior to painting. I then painted the parts a satin black then applied a flat clear to dull the paint down a little.

I had to fabricate an end piece that would accept the silver connector.  By adding this piece I was able to preserve the stick shaker if I decided to convert it back to stock configuration . The only change made was replacing the two 4-40 screws that held the end cap in place with longer 4-40 rod so the end cap addition with connector could be fastened onto the end of the shaker  I replaced all of the external wiring on the shaker to ensure a longer life in the sim .

jackpilot

A severe case of SCRTBTN* Syndrome..   :D

*Small Component Refurbishing To Better Than New

Glad to see U Back ti it..

Jack

vidarf

Better to do that than to borrow the "stick shaker" from a certain night stand belonging to a certain someone... That's the kind of "stall warning" one simply does not care for.......... 8)

Good job! :) Haven't seen this thread before, so I'm going to get a cup of coffee and enjoy reading it! :)

shaneb

;D   oh no doubt that would lead to a crash landing  . . parts ripped from your sim as you are on approach!

shaneb

Hey guys,

I had some time this weekend to finish up my switch guards for the engine start panel.  Awhile back I ordered the Engine Start Panel from Eric T.  and the panel has been sitting patiently waiting for me to finish the guards and get them installed.  Here is a few photos of the panel with guards installed. . .

and here it is sitting in the center console with a few other panels . . .

I really like the looks of the Engine Start Panel sitting there . . one step closer to having a flying sim  :)

ETomlin

Wow Shane, that looks really great! Love seeing the panel withe guards.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Bob Reed

Sahne's stuff always looks like someone just dropped a Lear in his work area..... LOL Wonderful build!

jackpilot

Super nice Job Shane and Eric.
Jack

Jack

shaneb

Eric does some great panel work!  Only credit I can take on this panel is modifying/painting  the switch guards to resemble the guards found in the Lear.   

MLeavy737

Always nice seeing these nice updates shane! :)

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

XOrionFE

Looks awesome.  Nice work Eric.

Man, what a long way you both have come!   

No vaporware here!    :laugh: 

scott

Jetcos

Love that Lear!

Amazing work as per usual Shane.
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate