Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

December 07, 2022, 01:43:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
30 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59154
  • Total Topics: 7817
  • Online Today: 41
  • Online Ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 30
Total: 30

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_alioth_

I am rebuilding my piper comanche cockpit, using real yokes.
I am making my own force feedback hardware and software for it.
A configurable central box with a teensy, received data from xplane/p3d/msfs and drive the motor for forces.
Step by Step.

Yoke system:

Central box:

Arturo.

bernard S

Fred ..sim project I see the road map so its golden :-)

bernard S

adding more items

FredK

Hey Bernard....A lot of very interesting things and items for sure, and your vision moving forward is "golden" as you say.

But everyone else is awaiting the vision reveal in agonizing anticipation.  I am losing sleep at night thinking about it.

Any hints?

For example.... What is the plan to interface all the "things"?  There are a lot of "things" here to deal with. And how will the visuals work?

Fred K

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

bernard S

visuals

FredK

November 27, 2022, 10:06:37 AM #1680 Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 10:07:12 AM by FredK
Bernard...In consideration of what you have invested here and the nature of the aircraft...why not spherical dome projection?
Help me...I am going to lose a bet on that.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

bernard S

November 27, 2022, 10:11:17 AM #1681 Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 10:13:30 AM by bernard S
mainly because I need 2nd part view ( rear seat)   also the overall size of it distracts from the overall site of the aircraft to the eye    it destroys the illusion   am i thinking correctly  visuals are last on my list    i would have gone MR/VR  but its not there yet mainly mapping

_alioth_

I have installed the encoder in aileron axis in the force feedback system and test a standard spring force.

Arturo.

jskibo

I have gone to Philippines for two months to let the sim rest :)
Sim 1:  F16, running Falcon 4 BMS - In Build using a mix of real and repro parts + Pokeys cards
Sim 2:  Light Twin / Single with RusCool EFD1000, RSG GTN750 and FI guages

bernard S

another thing sorted  now linked

_alioth_

AP following code done today in the home made dual yoke force feedback system.

Arturo.

_alioth_

Today I have made a "promotional video"  ;D  of my home made dual yoke force feedback system.

Arturo.

blueskydriver

Hey Arturo,

Definitely a good video!

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

Hey Bernard,

Glad to see you're still at it with the fighter. It's truly amazing what you're doing.

And, I do hope to visit you, as well as Mike sometime in the near future....

Kind Regards,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Jason L

Still working on my overhead.  Been posting a lot over on instagram, at least a few times a week. #Lohrenz737

Last major component to interface and I'm done with 4 panels and have about another 12 to go on the overhead.

Then it's time to assemble everything into the cockpit.  I'm starting to see a little bit of light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh, also nabbed some black friday deals as my main simulator PC, while a great workhorse 8700k needs some upgrades.  Moving to a 12900k and waiting for a 4090 to show up.  With illusions of finding some refurbished 4k projectors next year so I can update my 1080p setup to HI-FI. 

Happy Holidays / Merry Christmas to all here.

Jason

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate