Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 04:02:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
733 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 743
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 733
Total: 733

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Nick1150 Home Cockpit 737NG project in Athens

Started by Nick1150, November 22, 2010, 09:22:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick1150

ok then that's very nice...

I can continue with new updates ;)

Let's get more serious...
This post is somehow the most important one, since the beginning of my project.

Why is that ?

Just because my project is starting to mature from the inside more than the outside, meaning that there are more changes involved in the programming, details that make the difference, glass cockpit software, new clients, fully operational and independent F/O side screens and EFIS, standby instruments and upper and lower EICAS that switches displays with ENG/SYS buttons and generally many small but important features that really changed the way I fly.

Just a side note for those who now begin to research and/or build. Many told me during my 2 years research before I begin building, that the best thing to do is to buy first the software and then purchase hardware modules one by one. This is something I didn't follow. I now know that this was a mistake. I could have save several hundreds of euro this way. I understand that investing in an invisible software is not easily digested, when on the other hand purchasing a TQ for instance is something that can be immediately used, but believe me the experience which one can feel with a cockpit software has nothing to do with the simplicity of just an FS oriented cockpit, so if you are willing to invest into expensive hardware, just do your self a favor and invest primarily in a glass cockpit software. There are free glass cockpit software suites out there, there are irrationally expensive too. Whichever the way it does not matter at the end of the day, since the most important is to follow the route of software instead of just FS.

Final note... I really cannot understand why so many years and in fact so fanatically I was flying the PMDG 737 aircraft. To be more precise, my total cockpit was based on PMDG and I cannot understand why !!! Too many conflicts, lack of offsets, and many more issues, when at the same time there is an excellent and free 737 series aircraft out there called POLKY, which in my eyes it is better than PMDG. Just my 2c.

So that is how my project looked few weeks ago:

And this is now:

What's the difference except that the 3 screens are missing ?
:D
A LOT

So let's go one by one:

The CDU is now on the CPT side together with the cockpitsonic bezel, the space on the right is waiting for a second CDU in the future.

Let's light it up ;)

Independent CPT and F/O sides, upper and lower EICAS plus standby instruments. Everything is so easy to install after all.

There is a projector now, instead of 3 screens. I still haven't find the right place for it, but one thing is sure... I am never getting back to screens for external visuals!!!

This is what you see when seated

A new black flex keyboard is on the glare shield now

A look behind the scenes...
My setup now consists of a desktop server and 3 laptop clients (HP Pentium Celeron 329 euro each). The logic behind the choice of laptops, is that they are small, compact, have an Ethernet and VGA port and if ever want to upgrade, they can be sold.

Two 1500W UPS are on the F/O side securing the project from current drops.

The server is on the CPT side.

This made me a great base to put a piece of wood as a platform for the clients.

The CPT and EICAS clients

And the F/O client

The ultimate short throw projector from Hitachi (Hitachi CP-AW250NM), great quality BTW

Hope you liked it, next stop Revolution SimProducts ProLine TQ and still looking for 2 seats...

Have a great day :)
Nick

Boeing 737 NG home cockpit builder in Athens, Greece

Nick1150

Long time ago I have ordered a pair of bass shakers...

Look what was waiting in my post today ??????

A pair of Woon Bass Shakers

To be honest with all the work here plus the cockpit upgrade, I have forgoten about those :D It took almost a month to arrive from US.

Specs:

Diameter: 5.827 x 1.575 inches (148 x 40mm) (h)
Impedance: 2 Ohms
Power RMS: 60 (120 Watts RMS Total)
Power MAX: 100 (200 Watts Total)
Resonance Frequency Range: 20 ~ 80 hz
Weight: 5.5 lbs pair
Cost: around $40 each with shipping to Athens

After testing those guys,

I Just wanted to say WWWWOOOOOOWWWWWW !!!!!!

I purchased a low range amplifier and you cannot believe these shakers what they are capable to do.......

This is definately one of the best value for money things I have ever did for my project !!!!

Absolutely AMAZING !!!
Nick

Boeing 737 NG home cockpit builder in Athens, Greece

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate