Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 12:57:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
552 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 552
Total: 552

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Full screen question

Started by jackpilot, January 02, 2010, 01:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

Have a question
Usually I keep the outside view FS computer in window mode (blue top border)
I tried today to switch on the  so called accelerated full view with no borders(alt/Enter).
I just get a black screen with some parts of it blinking/trembling very fast and the hourglass doing the same ???
I tried to change the display settings to no avail.
Mut be doing something simple very wrong
Helllllp!

Jack

Trevor Hale

Your aren;t doing anything wrong at all Jack.  Sometimes FS does the same thing to me.  Here is what you might want to try.  Make a backup of your fs9.cfg file and open the file and goto the section where it talks about your video card type and resolution.  Delete those lines, and set the "windowed mode" to 0 instead of 1.. or True instead of false. It could also be listed as "Full screen mode" I can't remember which it will be listed as. save the file and try reloading the game.  That should help.

What happens is some games that "Load" in Windowed mode, don;t like to be changed.  But if you change it before the game loads...  That may solve your problem.  Give it a go.

Alternatively Load the game and press Alt + enter.  When your screen goes blank, press Alt, F, X Enter.

then when you reload the game it will load in full screen mode, because flight sim exited with it in full screen mode.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

XOrionFE

Your not using a TH2GO are you Jack?   That has happened to me before.  What I found was that the resolution I had selected was not compatible or too high for my monitor's refresh rate (frequency).  You can try different full screen resolutions and monitor frequency combinations until you find the one that works best without the problem you describe.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate