Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 02:16:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
366 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 373
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 366
Total: 366

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Columns and Yokes Video

Started by XOrionFE, February 07, 2010, 09:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

As promised before, here is a video of my column and yoke setup that I just finished final tweaks on today.

I hope you enjoy

737 Columns and Yokes

Regards,

Scott

Aerosim Solutions

Great work Scott, your set up is very similar to my own! How I used elbows for the top of the columns is in the gallery 'elsewhere'!!! Basically I made a bush to hold a double row roller bearing in one end of the elbow, this worked reall well. My roll potentiometer is a direct drive from the end of the axle and turns about 180 degrees which works fine.

Cheers, Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Kennair

Excellent Video Scott,

Just in the throws of designing mine for the 777 so this comes in very handy.  I was also looking at using similar tubing and elbows as I've used Gwyn's and they are sweet.  My issue was floor space for the bottom section as most people house theirs below floor level, however you have decided on the above level option which I am interested in.  Also allow easier access to axles should it be needed.  I'll head on over to Hangar 45 and check out Ron's info.

Cheers,

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

XOrionFE

Thanks guys.

Ken, you can find a lot more detailed pictures on my flickr site here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orionsbelt/sets/72157622388681607/

If you need anything else, just let me know.  Be happy to help and look forward to seeing your beauty come together as well.

Scott

Kennair

Love you work Scott, some of the best I've seen I must say.  Interesting idea to use a threaded bolt as an axle instead of bearings.  Makes sense since it runs smooth and doesn't have enough travel to really go anywhere.  Did you manufacture those lower end pivot brackets and the centre control loading bracket?  They don't look like the come from your local hardware.  What size poly tubing did you use, it looks like 50mm (2").

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

XOrionFE

The bolt idea actually came from Ian.  He has an excellent document on his site for makeing the column head to yoke attachment and I have also seen Gwyn's which is another way which looked like it worked well.   I did a modified version of Ian's though. 

The brackets you see at the bottom are made by Ron Rollo over at Hangar45 and I am sure he has a drawing and specs or would make you some.     He also has a list of all the hardware required.   The Main columns are of 3" PVC pipe while the other cross connectors and the cross tube itself are 2" (note those are inside diameter dimensions for common PVC pipe and steel tube in the US).   I can measure the ODs if you like so you can match something in Australia possibly.

Thanks again for the compliments.    It was a fun project and I cannot wait to fly with it :-)

Scott

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate