Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 08, 2024, 12:14:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
562 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 562
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 562
Total: 562

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 overhead annunciators

Started by bussgarfield, February 24, 2010, 09:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bussgarfield

Hi guys.

I am in the process now of constructing my over head but before I go much further, I need to start planning the wiring layout and positioning of the annunciators.
I bought my overhead panels and annunciators from Opencockpits and I am very pleased with them. The annuciators need to be 'put together' first. I have devised a minature circuit board that houses the resistor and two led's which fits on the back of the annunciator housing.

The question I have is this.
Having trawled through many sites and pit construction pages, I have yet to find a picture that shows me all the annunciators so I can determine which ones are flush with the panels and those which stand proud.
Can any of you 'experienced' builders shed any light on this please.

I am also in the process of constructing the MIP. When I get a bit of time (read - remember to get backside into gear) I will take some pics of this and the overhead and post them to the gallery.

I suspect that most of you will already have your annunciators in place but for those like me that are just starting out, the little circuit board, whilst simple, may be of some use.

Keep up the good work and play hard

Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

jackpilot

Hi Gary.
Basically all Overhead annunciators are at the same level.
The difference comes from the panels
You will notice that some panels, or part of some panels, are raised, and others are less thick.
All annunciators on thin parts are raised
All annunciators on raised parts are flush.

So that all end up at the same level.
Speaking from memory (I do not have the overhead nearby)
Hope it helps.
Jack

Jack

bussgarfield

Jack, Sean - Fantastic. Thanks guys. Problem solved. Makes sense really when you think about it but all the pics I have seen so far have ben at the wrong angle and it was not to clear.

Thanks again
Gary
Gary Buss
Intel E8500, EVGA NF780i mobo, 8 GB DDR2 ram, 500GB SATA2 HD, TH2Go, 3 X NVIDIA GF9800 GT 512mb GPU's, 780W PSU, Vista 64 home, 3 X HANNS-G 22" monitors.
Running - FSX, FSUIPC/WideFS, FSX Booster, FSXpand, SIOC and numerous add on aircraft and utilities.

jackpilot

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate