Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:51:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
363 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 492
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 363
Total: 363

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 FWD Overhead Switch Diagram

Started by MistyBlue, November 12, 2017, 07:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MistyBlue

During the process of my 737 Overhead build I got a lot of help from the community, particularly MickC, in figuring out what locking switches I needed where.  Thanks to his generosity (and permission), I am able to visually share what he provided to me and what I gathered along the way in this diagram. 

Don't know if someone has already done something like this, but hey, never hurts to pay one forward  ;D

Enjoy!
Tony

blueskydriver

Hey Mick and Tony,

Thanks for posting this, it'll be a huge help for a lot of builders... What do the different colors of the bounding boxes represent? Is there a legend or key code for what the colors represent or is it just a random choice to help define different areas?

Also, do you have a list of best places (or where you got yours from) to buy the different types of switches; including, those that are locking types?

Thank you,

John

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

MistyBlue

Hi John, the colors are there so you can easily see where like switches go.  Other than that no rhyme or reason.  I could put a key for the line color but I figured it was pretty easy to see.

I found the best prices by plugging in the honeywell part number at http://www.octopart.com. Searches a lot of major electronics distributors and quickly shows you a comparison of prices.   Very handy.  Powell Electronics, Peerless, and Sager seemed to have the best prices and where I bought all my locking toggles.  For all the other switches I just went with the heavy duty toggles that shipped with my panels  from CockpitSimParts.  They look and work fine for me.

Cheers!

Nolatron

Very nice!  That'll diagram will come in handy.  and I wish I knew about Octoparts years ago, lol.

How do you like the Panels from CockpitSimParts? I've been eyeing them for an overhead build.  I bought a EFIS and AFDS panel kit from them and like 'em.
Shaun

MistyBlue

Glad to hear!

I do like the CockpitSimParts panels.  They're of great quality and very accurate.  You can see from the pic that the panels look quite good.  Sam at CockpitSimParts has been super helpful and very responsive, and his complete kits are a real bargain for what you get with it, IMHO.  Picked up his overhead gauge kit, too, and they look and work great!

Drawback is that they're 5mm instead of 6mm thick like real, so if you plan to mix and match real with these then you need to take that into consideration.  They're also back lit, like most panel kits are.  Makes it a bit of a challenge to light when you have a bunch of wiring behind them as you can see in the pic.  So you just have to be mindful of that when building and keep things neat and organized as much as possible.

kattz

Did you happen to also do this for the aft overhead panel?

Thanks

Kevin

MistyBlue

I haven't, but I'll see if I can put something together and post here.

kattz

That would be great!  Thanks!

Kevin

bernard S

what's the red wire for ?   lolololol

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate