Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:56:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
126 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 121
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

The passing of a Worldflight Team USA Member

Started by Trevor Hale, November 09, 2021, 10:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Hale

Good Afternoon guys

It is with deep sadness, that I report I have learned of the passing of our Friend Mr. Greg Hembree.  Greg lived near Clearwater Florida and will be sadly missed.

Greg was an amazing member of our Worldflight team, and I would like to offer condolences to his family.

Greg, we will miss you dearly.

Greg Hembree
Greg had his first "up-front" flight at the age of 14 when the local airport offered rides in a Cessna 172. He was hooked. He went on to obtain his Private Pilot's license 8 years later while studying to be an Electrical Engineer from the Georgia Institute of Technology, and earned his instrument rating 4 years after that.

Greg co-owned a Piper Arrow that was successfully operated as a rental business for 12 years where he served as both owner and corporate Treasurer. He learned to fly the 737 when a friend of his opened a simulator business and needed a part time flight guide to pilot the 737 with paying guests.

Greg has worked as an Electrical Engineer at Raytheon for the past 29 years, and is currently building a ViperJet LXR simulator.

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

KyleH

Such sad news. I had the pleasure of flying many flights with him during WF. Greg was such a nice person to be around, always with a smile and a great attitude. He always had such a positive vib, a great sense of humor, and was always able to find a laugh at whatever was going on, no mater what failures the sim was throwing at us.

He will be deeply missed. RIP Greg.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

blueskydriver

Hey Guys,

Has anyone contacted the family in regards too helping with his hobby items.

Most times the spouse/family have no idea what too do with or the value of said items; thus, that is why from time to time I mention that all of us should setup someone beforehand. Just in case, as we never know when our last flight in life will be....

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

FredK

A real nice guy for sure. That is said news.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

dougsnow

Damn that sucks. The last WF leg I flew, well I slung the gear, he was the PF...

RIP Greg...

Bob Reed

I just recently learned of this and am very saddened.. I flew many times with Greg and he will be sadly missed.. God speed my friend!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate