Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:27:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
119 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Prepar3d v5 - Available April 15th

Started by B737NG, April 07, 2020, 03:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B737NG

Not sure if it'll be a free upgrade, or net new purchase. The video isn't nearly as exciting as FS2020.

Prepar3rd v5 Annoucement
Steve Wekarchuk
'B737NG'

Joe Lavery

Well I hope it's better than that totally underwhelming video!!!

Roll on FS2020.  8)
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

FredK

I agree...underwhelming!

But it is interesting that P3D is not throwing in the towel in the face of MSFS2020.  What would be P3D's reason for being going forward?

Perhaps it is just an attempt by LM to extract one more round of cash income from those willing to upgrade, and best to do that before MSFS2020 launches.

Or is there more to this than meets the eye (pardon the pun)?

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

bernard S

pd3   market is not the home user simple as that..imho

Trevor Hale

I was also underwhelmed. But as Bernard stated LM's Target is Training and Simulation, Function not form.  Remember There is no entertainment to be had with LM.

It appears to me that V5, is more of a 4.6 Patch then it is a complete new version.

Only thing that appeals to me, #1. Sloped Runways (I have experienced this with some of my addon airports and is a unique addition, although I doubt every airport has the correct Grade applied to it.

#2. The updating of taxi Markers and RWY Headings, but again LM states only 24,000 AP have been updated.

On a happier note,  I did get confirmation from the Dawson Family that FSUIPC is on the docket for New LM Versions as well as MSFS.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

jackpilot

Quote from: bernard S on April 07, 2020, 06:26:38 PMpd3   market is not the home user simple as that..imho

I second that !

Jack

Nat Crea

Quote from: undefinedNot sure if it'll be a free upgrade, or net new purchase.

LOL...Definitely new purchase.

Quote from: undefinedWhat would be P3D's reason for being going forward?

Commercial users.

jackpilot

Jack

bernard S

i am sticking with LM   because at my cave   i also get out then window for tower that coupled with navigraph adds another level of wtf why? .. because i can lol.  then again does any add on software allow for sloped   i dont know

kattz

Quote from: bernard S on April 09, 2020, 07:57:07 AMi am sticking with LM   because at my cave   i also get out then window for tower that coupled with navigraph adds another level of wtf why? .. because i can lol.  then again does any add on software allow for sloped   i dont know

"Speedbird, ground, say again.  Last transmission was unreadable."

Ed

Couple other notable things about V5. DX12. 8.33mhz radios and check out the water/wave/whitecap action in this video. If you're into sea planes I think you like this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMgJ9W7CVf4&feature=youtu.be
P3D5.3HF2, 3 x W10 PC's, FSUIPC 6.19 ,WideFS, Prosim737 V3 ,ASP3D, Vpilot, GSXL2, Pro-ATC/X, RAAS Pro, AIG Traffic, ,PFPX, TopCat, SimSounds,  http://www.737ngxca.com/

blueskydriver

LOL! Come now Kevin, just because Bernard's big fingers don't always hit the right keys on the keyboard doesn't mean his radio is broken. It just means like the rest of us, you need to gradually tune your translation module, then it all becomes clear to how smart he really is....

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

bernard S

ahhh  translation required... I understand... I at the moment am rather happy with LM as it suits my needs ( i have a couple of vanity projects) thus my out the window view ( for pilots) is LM.. but i also have a dedicated area roughly 20x30 which i use for ATC   dispatch etc   and i have ATC Tower view , when i run navigraph i get taxiways  etc so what you see out windows of (tower) matches ground movements etc ... So best way to caputure what i have is think of an airline with one aircraft(my sim)  located at an airport with all the supporting infrastructure to support that airline/aircraft ..now i wait on vatsim  and take a looky there 😇

kattz

navymustang

Just checked - and the LM web site seems to be crashing with database errors. I wonder why?

:)
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

jackpilot

Jack

FredK

QuoteOVERCROWDING... :D

So much for MSFS2020 being the next best thing!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

jskibo

"you see son, I remember back in 2020 during the great pandemic and right before the zombies emerged, yessir that was the year of the great flight sim war of 2020 and things were going to be spectacular"

"what happened grandpa?"

"Oh, well the pandemic went away but zombies ate the lead developers and we pretty much got a patch of the previous version"
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Joe Lavery

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Trevor Hale

I am using P3DV5 as a precursor and or (FS CRACK) to tie me over until the eventual release of the vaporware that is MSFS2020. 

I had no issues with LM Servers yesterday at 5:00pm eastern, although others did.  Downloaded and installed V5 and am quite impressed although I can't stand the new logo and color scheme.

But what Ticked me off.....  Was the fact "FSELITE" Reported that FSUIPC6 would be a FREE upgrade to P3DV5 only to find out after the fact only the WIDEFS Portion is a free Upgrade. FSUIPC V6 is a Pay for it again software.  And although you could download and install it, as of this writing you still have no way to purchase it.   (CORRECTION AFTER POSTING - ITS NOW ON SIMMARKET)

There is a silver lining though.  The Dawson Family is kindly giving us a break on the software.  For those of us that have supported them over the years and Purchased V5 fromSimmarket you will get to have V6 for 9.99 Euros.

Happy Simming.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

jskibo

Quote from: Trevor Hale on April 15, 2020, 09:06:42 AMI am using P3DV5 as a precursor and or (FS CRACK) to tie me over until the eventual release of the vaporware that is MSFS2020. 

I had no issues with LM Servers yesterday at 5:00pm eastern, although others did.  Downloaded and installed V5 and am quite impressed although I can't stand the new logo and color scheme.

But what Ticked me off.....  Was the fact "FSELITE" Reported that FSUIPC6 would be a FREE upgrade to P3DV5 only to find out after the fact only the WIDEFS Portion is a free Upgrade. FSUIPC V6 is a Pay for it again software.  And although you could download and install it, as of this writing you still have no way to purchase it.   (CORRECTION AFTER POSTING - ITS NOW ON SIMMARKET)

There is a silver lining though.  The Dawson Family is kindly giving us a break on the software.  For those of us that have supported them over the years and Purchased V5 fromSimmarket you will get to have V6 for 9.99 Euros.

Happy Simming.

Trev

Feels smoother on the ground, but I only tried it in a few add on areas of FSDT, FlightBeam, LatinVFR.  No add-on planes yet, but I'm waiting on the Sweet beechcraft from Milviz that Trevor keeps raving about
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Trevor Hale

Quote from: jskibo on April 15, 2020, 09:20:22 AMbut I'm waiting on the Sweet beechcraft from Milviz that Trevor keeps raving about
*Ahem* - Its available now Skibo, and for only the low low low price of $80.00 Thank Gawd I didn't pay that for it, however I would say though, by the time you factored in the interest for the 4+ years we waited for the product... Probably came out to be the same.

*** #boatanchor ***   (Actually a boat anchor would be more useful)

Most FSDT and ORBX Stuff already compatible, and my existing aircraft is also already compatible..  I am golden, Just have to get shit upgraded tonight and test it out.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA

VATSIM:

MistyBlue

I now have it installed on my desktop test bed and my sim.  Wideview doesn't support v5 yet so my sim's views are out of whack for now.

I agree, though, that it feels more like a 4.6 upgrade (in the release notes there were a bunch of "fixes" to existing things versus everything starting at ground zero). 

I'm not sure how I feel about the beta TrueSky weather yet.  The overcast and haze looks/feels a lot better, but the clouds just don't feel right yet...like looking through a blurry lens.  Will have to wait for ActiveSky to catch up and see how it looks then.

Performance feels a little better on my desktop with maybe less hiccups.  Haven't tried it on the sim yet, but I'm hoping it'll be smoother.  FS2020 is where I'm headed eventually.  P3D just looks barren compared to the 2020 Alpha.  Can't wait until it's ready to play with in the big sim.

MistyBlue

Was able to get Wideview working.  Pretty easy, actually.  Performance doesn't seem too bad at Flightbeam KSFO with photoreal scenery (no autogen) but I haven't added AI traffic yet (waiting on AIG) nor ActiveSky weather.  Let the tweaking begin.

helloo

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate