Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:59:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
127 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 130
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Pro-Sim question regarding standby displays

Started by kattz, May 25, 2020, 07:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kattz

I asked this at the Pro-Sim forum, but never received an answer.  Maybe someone here knows?

In early 737NG's, there was a standby attitude display (see attached for an example).  It had no navigational cues that I am aware of.  The controls consisted of a brightness function ONLY.

Because I've modeled the physical standby airspeed/alt gage, and this display took the place of the standby ADI, not sure if I want to model the physical complexity of the OEM stby ADI. Not certain that I can get one, or if I can afford it if one were found.

Does anyone know if Pro-Sim can model this early display? 

Thanks.

Kev

navymustang

The only version of this in the current Prosim model is the ISFD which does provide navigational queuing. It can be modeled in hardware using a 5" LCD screen and a smart bezel. Speak with the folks at Ruscool Electronics to see when they are going to produce more bezels.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

kattz

Thanks, Jim!  Got a not back last nite from those guys; going to be a while (months) before they can get to it.  But as we discussed, it's definitely an option.

Kev

rw

Hi Kev,

I like your thought. I have a similar setup, but with hardware standby alt/spd and still looking for gyro.

I have searched for images of early NG flight decks, but have not come across the setup. Do you happen to have images of cockpits with the above standby digital artificial horizon?

I'm currently developing a cockpit gauge suite for a soaring simulator and in the process of finalising the artificial horizon there.

Looking at the image above it would not be a long shot to replicate that model. Would only need to hook into FSUIPC or SimConnect, instead of the soaring simulator, but that should be doable.

Best, Roel

kattz

Hi, Roel,

I found the alternate p/n standby gyro in the Czech Republic.  It's on it's way.

I don't have any images of that digital model. It was in Bill Bulfer's book.

Regards,

Kev

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate