Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 03, 2024, 04:53:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
545 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 831
  • Online ever: 831
  • (Today at 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 545
Total: 546

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Looking for anti stretch software when using NVSurround with 3 monitors

Started by GSalden, June 28, 2015, 09:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSalden

Hi guys,

As you know when using NVSurround on a triple monitor setup the outer edges are getting stretched , due to the fact that it was originally designed for 3-4 monitors instead of 9-16 widescreen monitors.

I am looking for anti distortion software that might help , but which will work with monitors .
So no projectors and a curved screen.

Thanks in advance...

Nat Crea

No such thing I'm afraid. The issue you have is inherent in FSX/P3D.
No warping software will help.

Only solution is multiple window views or multiple computers.

Nat

MCrevot

my website : http://www.mya320sim.com
7700k, 4790k, 2600k, P3Dv4 and A320 FMGS, 3 views on 3 vdp with wideview, 180 deg screen

Nat Crea

Yes, WideViewAspect will help a little, but will NOT solve the stretched side effect.

Nat

ngidalov

Hi All,

This is the ultimate tool for perfect geometrical correction with multi monitor setups:
Fly Elise-ng LCD Designer!!!!!

http://fly.elise-ng.net/index.php/news/77-news-immersivedisplaypro10r1
http://fly.elise-ng.net/images/Documents/Lcd/LCDDesignerPROStepByStepGuide.pdf

From the web site:
////////////////////////////////////////
For those who use multiple LCD displays in their simulation setups and for those who really do care about correct geometrical views......
There are thousand of posts and questions on internet:
"How to correct and fish the 'fisheye' effect in my game when I use multiple monitors and wide angle of view?"
Well, the answer is simple: For 100% correct geometry that matches the position and the orientation of the LCD displays a separate view needs to be generated per LCD. This is it !!! There is no other way to properly correct the 'fisheye' effect caused by the mathematics of the perspective projection used by computer graphics.
Fly Elise-ng introduces LCD Panel Designer. Just create your LCD panels setup and the software will produce the needed view information and the needed geometric correction for perfect geometrical views with no distortion even when using field of views larger than 180 deg or even true 360 degrees.
Load the views info in your simulator (FSX, P3D, X-Plane , Unity, DCS or any other software that supports multi-view) and load the exported geometrical correction in Immersive Display PRO. That's all.
This is a short list of available features:
- Define the dimensions of the LCD panels (the image area)
- Define the bezel sizes per LCD
- Define the LCD panels positions and orientation
- Automatically calculate view (frustum) info per LCD
- Automatically calculate geometric correction
- Automatically compensate for LCD panel bezels
- View(frustum) export for all all popular simulators and game engines
- Export for Immersive Display PRO
////////////////////////////////////

Regards,
Nikola

jackpilot

Jack

FredK

I am using Fly Elise Immersive Display Pro with WideView in my setup.  So this is a multi-monitor/multi-computer arrangement.  Projection is onto a curved screen using Optoma GT1080s. It all works fine...there is absolutely no stretching or fish eye across the full projection.

The comments outlined by Nikola for Fly Elise above are correct.  Note however that he specifically states that a separate view has to be created for each monitor. He says nothing about application for stretching a single view across multiple monitors (as is the case for NVsurround).

So both Nat and Nikola are accurate in their statements.

The multi-window setup corrects for stretching and the Fly Elise software corrects for fish eye horizon curvature across monitors.

You do not need the Designer Pro part of the Fly Elise software as the fish eye correction is contained in the basic package.  Although some may find the Designer Pro to be helpful overall.

One other consideration....If using WideView you need to use FS Global Real Weather for your weather. This is the only way to ensure 100% weather synchronization across multiple views.  FSGRW is a very nice real world weather package as well.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate