Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:21:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
130 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 130
Total: 130

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

2023 Sim-Get-together

Started by sagrada737, March 29, 2023, 05:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sagrada737

Hi Folks,

Last year, a few friends got together at my home in Las Cruces, NM to see my project and fly my 737-800 Sim.  It was a great deal of fun as a "2022 Sim Get-together".  We did it again this year with the same folks, which included Scott, Fred, Rob, Dean, and Roberto.  Nice group of guys, all building full-scale Sims.

I have made significant progress on my Sim, adding a full Aft Section to the Cockpit.  This now fully encloses the cockpit environment, adding to the existing Sim immersion.  Still more to do on my Sim Project, but it is nearing completion.

This year the same folks got together again for a "2023 Sim Get-together".  I had setup the cockpit with four (4) webcams, and recorded a montage of Take-offs and Landing over the two days flying together.  The video link is included here.

For next year's Sim Get-together, I would like to open it up for more folks to attend for those who might like to make the trip to my home in Las Cruces, NM to have some fun flying the Sim and having fellowship with other like-minded Sim Builders.  That would be the "2024 Sim Get-Together" to be held in March 2024.

On another note...   I just finished installing a new Sim Computer for use with P3D v5.3.  This new computer is an i9 13900KS 6GHz system, with all the fastest components available, including a RTX-4090 GPU.  This new computer is very fast!   As a single Sim Computer running my 737-800, I can report that speed, performance, and display quality is greatly improved.

Anyway...  The video montage is simple, using OBS Studios in its record mode.  Link below...   Enjoy!

Mike

Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate