Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 05:07:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
142 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 142
Total: 142

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Multicamera views & eyepoint roll/pitch/yaw settings - over the nose visibility

Started by navymustang, April 27, 2015, 07:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

P3D v2.5 - I have a 5 camera view set up driving 4 projectors from a single video card.
The aircraft is a CRJ-700.  On approach, the over the nose visibility is way off to the point I can't see the runway when I am about 1/2 mile out (nose pitch is too high).  I have tried many things in the flight model to drop the nose - nothing worked.  Help here would also be appreciated.  I have tried pitch scalar on flaps as a starter with no effect.
So I want to shift the eyepoint down by 2 or 3 degrees in the custom camera view settings.  With pitch set to 0, my camera views line  up perfectly.  But the moment I add a pitch down value, the views start going way out of alignment.
Any suggestions?
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

aua668

Hi,

To calculate the necessary pitch/roll/view angle for each camera you have to do some math. With pitch=0 you are looking around in a planar circle and so you just have to adjust the view direction of your cameras. Imagine, that you now pitch the complete circle along the axis from left to right from your current view point. Looking 45 degrees to left or right would mean, that you only have to adjust the pitch by half of the value of the pitch of the forward camera. And you have to change the roll of the camera. Looking left and right (90 degrees each) would mean, that there is no pitch (=0) adjustment necessary but the roll must even be greater. It's really like pitching the circle around you. If you make a sketch, you will see what I mean. If you calculate exactly, then even the 45 degrees view angle are not any longer 45 degrees. It's all about spheric calculations.

Rgds
Reinhard

navymustang

Reinhard, you are absolutely right.  What would be great is if P3D had a flag on each camera view indicating that this was a grouped view - thereby moving each individual view within the group the appropriate pitch value.  I was hoping someone had an elegant solution for that.  For example, the Window-Maker spreadsheet that is so popular works perfect assuming that the view pitch is 0.  Would love to see a mod to that which takes into account view pitch angles.
Thanks
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

aua668

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate