Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 12:21:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
485 Guests, 1 User
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 483
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 485
Total: 486

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

PM New builds

Started by jackpilot, September 01, 2010, 06:00:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

A complete set of new builds is avail for Boeing GC and Airbus
http://www.projectmagenta.com/downloads/update.html

Please comment results here.

Jack

jackpilot

Jack

ENKB

Yeah, I have tried a little bit. EGT have chaged a bit, to the better actually, but top of decend sound is not fixed, still coming up 10 times before touch-down.. that's all i have noticed.. and some funny things happend when catching glide-slope, can be pilot-error as well, as I haven't had time to do that much of beta-testing since release.
By the way, do you still have the eyebrows??

jackpilot

Jack

JWS

According to the changes list they have been working a lot on the CDU (which needed it). Will try to test and report.

JWS

JWS

Well,

I'm sorry to say that testing all day did not make me very happy. The disappearing of the RTE page has been solved and a PPOS HOLD has been introduced but apart from that there were a lot of things that were not as could be expected. E.g. the different sort of entries for the HOLDs did not function  (or someone forgot to explain how they would have).
I've mailed a list of findings to PM support.

JWS 

jackpilot

News builds implemented:

CDU improved. RTE OK .

Beta AP:
Still fine tuning with my POSKY.
Pitch at 100 made the AC swing like a yoyo. A 20 much better, very smooth alt capture. Still some hickups when engaged. TBC.
Bank, real smooth at 50, 25° max angle
Noticable improvement vs FS.

PMSounds still some minor issues with TOD.

More testing necessary but all in all I am happy with it.

JP

Jack

JWS

These are the important things I listed & reported. Have had no response yet from PM.

1. Route page built from scratch seems to be OK.
2. Route page with an imported (previously stored) route is shown for maybe 2 seconds and then disappears (LEGS page does have the waypoints though).
3. Frequently the FMC gets stuck when trying to select a DEP or ARR on the DEP/ARR page. Rebooting program seems to help but not a permanent remedy.
4. In the ARR section all "home made" approaches/transitions (which are stored in the "appdata2.txt" file) are missing.
5. The added teardrop and parallel entry for HOLD cannot be selected.
6. Finding airways between waypoints on the RTE page (by using LSK R) seems not to be working anymore (at least right after SID).
7. Intercepting a course is not possible.

Will try to examine the Beta AP this weekend.

JWS

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate