Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:27:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
498 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 498
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 498
Total: 498

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Instructor Station - Luis Gordo

ISLOGO

What is Instructor Station ?

In flight simulation, an Instructor Operator Station (IOS) is designed to assist the instructor in controlling the simulation training environment and monitoring all aspects of pilot/crew performance in the simulator. The instructor can control, via this software, all functions such as aircraft position and systems, meteorological, environmental, and situational parameters.

The Instructor Station is meant to assist Aviation Professionals, Flight Simulation Enthusiasts and Home Cockpit Builders using Microsoft® Flight Simulator (FS) 2004™, FSX™ and ESP™, Lockheed Martin Prepar3D® and X-Plane®.

The Instructor Station allows setting the aircraft on an approach to a runway of choice under any weather conditions, start-up and shutdown network computers (fully customizable), program or set aircraft system failures at any moment, calculate the amount of fuel required for a flight and load it to the aircraft, record flight performance (approaches, manoeuvres, landings, take-offs, etc.) and plot it graphically, and many other things!

Compatible with all types of aircraft! It is also a great tool for anybody who wants to control the flight simulator externally.

Many features are also available for Project Magenta users (pmSystems, Glass Cockpit, CDU/MCDU, MCP/FCU), AST & FMGS JeeHell users.

Developed by a pilot, engineer & flight simulation enthusiast.

TRY THE DEMO AND ORDER YOUR LICENSE TODAY !!

Definible offsets

Started by Edoradar, November 22, 2010, 03:38:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edoradar

Hi Luis, I am one of your happy customers since the beginning and I really appreciate the great work coming out! I hoped to meet you at the FSweekend when I saw your banner but since you weren't there..I post you here my idea  :)

What about to implement customizable buttons which could be defined for specific FSUIPC offsets and even for specific SIOC variables? (implementing connection to SIOC which I think is one of the most used software between cockpit builders) This would allow most people not using PM to set anything in the cockpit if using fsuipc macro or any external sdk like the leveld via Lekseecon program.
I think it would be a really nice feature to implement which can be helpful for most users of your program...Let me know what you think about that or if you want more details about  :)

Cheers

Edoardo
Edoardo Criscuoli Altieri b767simulator

luisgordo

Hi Edoardo,

I had hoped to be bake to be at the FSweekend event, but in the end could not.  My friends at the aviodrome were nice enough to display my banners and flyers for all visitors.

Going to your point, yes, it would be a nice feature (I really had not thought about it).  Are you thinking about any section of the program in particular?  This would be something quite programming intensive, so if I tIe a shot at it I would probably start with a certain section (ie Failures, for example).

Thanks for your feedback!
Instructor Station
www.iStationGordo.com

Flight Data Recorder Mobile
http://www.istationgordo.com/instructorstation/fdr

Edoradar

Hi Luis, I had chance to talk with the guy takin care of your banners at the fsweekend, he was very kind!

I explain you better my idea: you could create a page where you can add "n" virtual buttons...

For each the user should specify the name displayed in the button, the FSUIPC offset you want the button interact with, offset length and eventually the bit to change value.
This solution would save you lot of programmation as you should model only the logic of the button but is up to the user to specify the interaction wanted.

More or less I think the same could be done with SIOC vars but to start fsuipc interaction would be a great step!

I could help you in testing if needed.

Let me know if you want further details.

Thanks

Edoardo

luisgordo

Hi Edoardo,

Yes I think I had understood your idea quite well.  As you say, I would need to program the logic associated to the user-imputed offset.  I could give it a try.

I am thinking that the best place for this user inputed offsets page is the failures page. 

Let me know you thoughts.  Any other pages require aircraft specific programming and other logics which can not be generalized, like the quick start feature.
Instructor Station
www.iStationGordo.com

Edoradar

Yep there could be a dedicated page under Failures section for it! Sounds good!
Since those could be applied to any aircraft I think it's the best options.
My suggestion could be to use big square buttons where over appears the description text so it would be easy usable with touchscreen. They could be divided in pages and draggable to set them up in user friendly mode. They could also change color or have a sighn to know what has been activated by the user and what not...
Hope this won't be too difficult for you! I really believe in your project and if I could be of help I'm just happy of :)

Edoradar

Any news on developement of this feature? :)

Thanks

luisgordo

Still on the works.  It's definitely something I'd like to see in the next version.

Rather slow on development right now.  Next version is about 3-4 months away... Some good progress made on other features already... Stay tuned!

Best regards
Instructor Station
www.iStationGordo.com

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate