Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 11:08:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
18 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 18
Total: 18

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Fly Elise NG Immersive Display Lite 2

Started by XOrionFE, June 21, 2012, 02:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XOrionFE

I mention the product I am using for warping in the Xplane visuals thread as Fly Elise but the real product is Fly Elise NG Immersive Display Lite 2.

Here is the link:
http://fly.elise-ng.net/index.php/immersivedisplaylite2

I actually started using this product a while back based on advise from a couple friends out west who are also members on this forum.   The software is excellent and even though I also own a copy of Nthusim Plus I liked Immersive Display because I could actually be in the middle of flying the sim, hit pause, followed by Ctrl-Shf-F11 and have the warping grid and points pop up superimposed over the actual simulation view which totally takes the guess work out of warping.   Really nice to get up to 10,000 foot over the ocean in level flight to really get the horizon perfect.    Anyway, the product is much less costly then anything else on the market and though I think other products we have seen have great features as well, none come close to this in price and the developer, Nikola, is extremely fast and responsive to questions.    If you are going to do 3 computers and warp each one this is a great money saver and I am very happy with the product.

You can download it and try it to see how it works as it will run in trial mode just with the Fly-Elise title stretched across the screen until you activate it.

Scott

Maurice

Quote from: XOrionFE on June 21, 2012, 02:12:12 PM

I liked Immersive Display because I could actually be in the middle of flying the sim, hit pause, followed by Ctrl-Shf-F11 and have the warping grid and points pop up superimposed over the actual simulation view which totally takes the guess work out of warping.   Really nice to get up to 10,000 foot over the ocean in level flight to really get the horizon perfect. 
Scott

There you go again  ::). I was perfectly happy with Nthusim until I read this. I really do miss the ability to adjust the warping while FSX is superimposed on the grid so here I go spending more money thanks to you  ;D 

Anyway, I second CP's request to filter your posts since they could be damaging to one's wallet  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

blueskydriver

Scott's right with Fly Elise NG Immersive Display Lite 2, I've had it for a good long while now and it is very easy to setup. Additionally, you can purchase the Immersive Display Designer Lite 2 program that allows you to setup your 3 projectors and screen in a virtual 3D space; thus, saving you time on the actual build. Basically you create your build like a CAD or 3D Image using all the measurements of the area you have, as well as the projector throw distance/size and your screen distance/size . Therefore, you can play with the numbers long before you ever buy or build anything.

In other words, if you're researching the 3 projector idea, you should get the program and use it to help determine the details. Once you have the details, you build your setup according to the 3D Image layout, so the guesswork is all done, without you building the screen 3 times or buying the wrong projectors like I did...

BSD
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

ngidalov

Dear cockpit builders,

Let's first introduce ourselves:
We,  at Fly Elise-ng, are also pilots and flight sim enthusiasts. At this moment we are building our third full motion full 180 deg vision flight simulator based on a real Ruschmeyer R 90-230 RG aircraft and X-Plane simulator software.

During building our simulators we developed our own software tools for motion platforms, instrument panels and visual (projection) systems.
We decided to make all software packages available for other cockpit builders and hobbyists  for very affordable price and we are very happy to help and provide support for setting up the software and hardware.

With kind regards,

Nikola Gidalov
Fly Elise-ng
Grasstrook 24
5658 HG Eindhoven
The Netherlands
Web: http://fly.elise-ng.net
E-mail: flyeliseng@gmail.com

blueskydriver

Nikola,

Thank you for joining Cockpitbuilders (CB). Having you here as a software developer means a great deal to myself, as well as many others. With the continued growth of CB, it adds that much more value to being a member or becoming one when the same people who are doing what we do as a business, but are here because they started as a builder. Thus, you know what it means to build and how things can be at times as we all progress.

Now, with your X-plane expertise, it will for sure help those converting that much further knowing you're here to listen to our needs in regards to your software, but likely because you might jump in and help us with X-plane in general from time to time. I know your time is valuable each day, but anything you do here will be priceless because you've "been there, done that" so to speak, and it is that, which makes newcomers and/or old timers like myself have creedance to continue building even when things sometimes get tough.

In other words, knowing the fore runners of this hobby are here means we all feel a part of something that can be done...as long as we have the hope and dream to fly, even if only in the virtual world.

Thanks again for joining the CB.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

jackpilot

Hi Nikola

Your input here is highly welcome
We appreciate your membership.
Do not hesitate to let us know about any of your software update, improvement, feature etc.
Feel absolutely free to do it
Cheers
Jack

Jack

Flying_Fox

I absolutely agree with Scott about Immersive Display Lite 2. I used it from the beginning of my build (along with Immersive Display Designer) and was (still is :) )  impressed with quality of software which I already expressed in my bild thread http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=1821.msg19840#msg19840

Nikola always gave me immediate and detailed response to my questions - that is absolutely invaluable quality! Thank you again, Nikola!

I also tried Nthusim trial version on my setup and in terms of warped image quality I cannot tell any difference. But in terms of precise warped image adjustments I believe that Immersive Display Lite 2 is far more superior. My only wish would be that window border removal should work like in Nthusim.

Nick

Maurice

Quote from: Flying_Fox on June 27, 2012, 07:50:58 AM

I believe that Immersive Display Lite 2 is far more superior. My only wish would be that window border removal should work like in Nthusim.

Nick

Is this really true that you can't remove the border? I was just about to order the Elise software until I read this. I'm not sure now if the benefits of more precise warping adjustment is worth seeing the window borders.  Since you can also do edge blending if you choose (at least I think so), how good is the edge blending if the borders are visible?

Thanks,
Maurice

XOrionFE

I'm not sure what he is talking about.  I dont see borders on mine?   Don't you guys run full screen?  Why would you even have borders to begin with?

Scott

Flying_Fox

You can see the one-pixel black borders in the video I posted in my build thread.  If you click one window to activate it, the border turns white. I use WindowMaker tool to define my  windows info saved in default .FLT file and I press Alt+Enter to go full-screen.

In Immersive Display Lite 2 there are checkboxes to remove window Frame and Border, but they did not do anything for me. In Immersive Display Pro version that I tried those checkboxes were gone. When I contacted Nikola about borders, he told me that I have to reposition projectors more precisely to "hide" the borders. I actually did slightly move them left/right and somehow the borders were hidden, however I need to redo it from time to time when the projectors shift a bit.

So I am still not sure what's the deal with the borders and what I might be doing wrong, but it's not a critical issue at the stage I  currently am.

Maurice, you could just download the trial versions of Lite and Pro to experiment.

BTW, Scott, did you see my PM about FLT parameters we talked about at FDS? I sent it next day, but I was on vacation then until this week.

Maybe Nikola could chime in here to clarify the options. My understanding how it *should* work - the applied checkbox must just crop the border, like Nthusim does.

Nick

rhysb

Ok quick question on this software as not got my wrap around visuals up yet. How would this work using the triplehead2go? I mean when you have the 3 computer wide view option I can understand the edge blending as its 3 screens but technically doesn't the triple head make one big desktop so how would you blend the 3 windows together or with the triple head do you have to just line them up like an ace?
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Maurice

Quote from: rhysb on July 04, 2012, 11:52:22 PM
Ok quick question on this software as not got my wrap around visuals up yet. How would this work using the triplehead2go? I mean when you have the 3 computer wide view option I can understand the edge blending as its 3 screens but technically doesn't the triple head make one big desktop so how would you blend the 3 windows together or with the triple head do you have to just line them up like an ace?

Rhys,

Maybe I misunderstood your question but with 3 computers & Wideview, you do not need to use the TripleHead

Maurice

rhysb

Yes you did Maurice but probably my fault for not explaining clearly enough,

I understand that when using 3 computers and wide view you have 3 desktops with the 3 diff ent fs views so you can edge blend these 3 together yes?

But my question is yes if you are using the triple head with 1 pc and 3 projectors (which I think is the way you do yours yes?) how do you edge blend the 3 views together? As surely the whole point of the triple head is it turns the view into one wide desktop?

Hopefully that makes sense? ;)
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

XOrionFE

edge blending is not required but Edge butting certainly is.   Also the warping function if on a curved screen.  The reason is really quite simple.   You are using 3 projected images and it is next to impossible to line them up mechanically and completely impossible without software to deal with the screen curvature.     There is no probably at all with a TH2GO and 3 monitors that simply sit next to each other but with projectors a whole different animal.   Now in theory you could get 3 flat screens (an idea some have went with and I still intend to try) and then project onto them without warping\blending software then mechanically aligh them though I still thing the software would make alignment easier.

Hope that helps,
Scott

Maurice

Quote from: rhysb on July 05, 2012, 02:28:16 PM

But my question is yes if you are using the triple head with 1 pc and 3 projectors (which I think is the way you do yours yes?) how do you edge blend the 3 views together? As surely the whole point of the triple head is it turns the view into one wide desktop?

Hopefully that makes sense? ;)

Yes Rhys, that is is almost the way I do it. The 3 views are edge butted like Scott mentioned and I chose not to do edge blending for several reasons. The only difference when doing edge blending is that you have to slightly overlap the 3 projected images as opposed to just butting the edges without overlap.

A while back I wrote a document that explains how I did it (without edge blending) and the principles still apply if you do edge blending except for the projectors' positioning/overlapping.

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=1340.msg9988#msg9988

Hope this helps,

Maurice

fsaviator

Rhys,  I think what your asking is this:

Using the TH2GO, you actually have three seperate undocked views within a windowed view.  The windowed view is stretched to span the TH2GO view.  Then...  you open three new undocked windowed views for Left, Front, and Right.  Those are the views that get edge blended (or butted, depending on your preferences).

This is a simplified explanation, but gives you an idea.  As you can see, it also calls for a fairly heavy duty system as you are driving FOUR graphics intensive views.  That is the TH2GO shortcoming, and the reason some choose to go with networked systems each driving their own view.

Hope this helps...  I now defer back to Mau and his expertise

Warren
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Maurice

Quote from: fsaviator on July 06, 2012, 02:36:35 AM
Rhys,  I think what your asking is this:

Using the TH2GO, you actually have three seperate undocked views within a windowed view.  The windowed view is stretched to span the TH2GO view.  Then...  you open three new undocked windowed views for Left, Front, and Right.  Those are the views that get edge blended (or butted, depending on your preferences).

Warren

I could not have said that any better myself :)

Maurice

rhysb

Cheers guys, I have one pretty heavy machine that hopefully should run it ok on triple head but just cant justify another £2k on 2 or 3 more systems!

Sean

Just lower your expectations a little and it'll be fine!  ???

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate