Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:32:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
91 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 91
Total: 92

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Our 737

Started by Bob Reed, September 14, 2013, 06:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLeavy737

Mike,
  Press Dep/Arr key, lsk 2r then reselect the approach.  Thats it. 

Mike L
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Sam Llorca

Hi Folks;
I'm reading all this and I agreed with all the suggestions, BUT when is time to really load the FMC, fly the plane and everything else if there is not training involve, every suggestion and procedure goes down the drain, all it takes is to receive an ATC call you are not familiar with to screw up the flight, Please practice!!!!, Not in your own!!! Lets set up practice lessons following a professional, I recommend to find a professional to be in charge of this practice lessons,  that way we all learn the same way. (right or wrong, preferable right) but most important the same way of doing this, I have the Original Boeing Operating Manual for the BBJ 737-800 on its original binder we can use. Also I have the 737 Operating handbook I'm sure Mike Leavy is familiar with it. is very simple if you follow the manual not everyone's manuals, don't misinterpret this post but is very important to follow one leader in order to succeed.  :2cw:

Trevor Hale

I agree Sam. But when all else fails, get vectors. I have been in many situations on vatsim where the controller throws out the star and just provides vectors to make room for the other aircraft entering the zone.

Don't ever be afraid to take the aircraft off vnav/lnav or even hand fly it. The 737 won't bite.

I get the feeling everyone is worries about what to do if the Fmc messes up. It's simple. "Don't panic" take control of the situation and hand fly her. It's not the end of the world.

If you don't know how to input a hold on the fmc fly it manually.

Practise as much as you can but really at the end of the day just fly the airplane.

Nobody in atc land is going to yell at you for doing something different.

You have a first officer use him.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

FredK

Regarding VATSIM procedures there are some very good video tutorials out there. 

The following is a link for one of them.  It is actually Part #5 in a series demonstrating the use of FSInn.  However this particular part covers live VATSIM procedures during an actual flight....it is applicable for both SquawkBox and FSInn.  It is very well done.

Vatsim & FSInn tutorial (part 5)

The other parts in this video series are also worth viewing.  The initial ones cover operation of FSInn, but there are also tutorials on entering a flight plan and dealing with SIDS and STARS.  Again, worth viewing.  There is a similar video out there specific to Squawbox that is also well done, but I cannot seem to find it.

All this will be a hoot I think.  I'm having enough difficulty listening to and understanding domestic ATC but have gotten by (I have to say the ATC guys are usually very helpful and patient).  Understanding the European guys (as illustrated in this video) is a whole other level of challenge, and only God knows what exists elsewhere in the world.  I guess when all else fails regarding comprehension we can request vectoring or simply do a straight in approach following our flight plan......ATC will quickly straighten us out if something is screwed up!  If our pilot licenses get revoked we can always revert to party mode!

Fred

Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate