Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 01:13:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
262 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 509
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 262
Total: 262

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Interesting site for Switches

Started by jfuenmayor, June 26, 2014, 05:57:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfuenmayor

Hi to all

Here is a site that I found that carries the original Honeywell, military grade switches.
A sample of the Lever-lock ON/ON switch in the link. A bit expensive though, but top quality

http://www.zoro.com/i/G4722672/?srccode=cii_5784816&cpncode=32-370248866-2&utm_source=channel_intelligence&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pricegrabber

Enjoy browsing.

shaneb

Thanks for sharing Joaquin . . I am always looking for different hardware providers.  Here is a site you might be interested in as well.
Many of you might already know about Octopart.com but for any newer members this is a really good site to find switches.  Your search will give you stock and price from several different vendors and comparing the prices can sometimes save you quite a bit of money. 

Octopart.com 

here is an example . . .   http://octopart.com/partsearch#!?q=2TL1-3G  . . octopart lists 13 vendors . . one is selling this switch for $24.90

Intel i7-4960X LGA 2011 / Asus Rampage Blk edition MB / EVGA Geforce Titan Blk video card / Corsair Vengeance 2400mhz 32GB / EVGA 1300w PSU / Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD / WD Black series 1TB 7200rpm HD / CoolerMaster Seidon 240 liquid cooler /  CoolerMaster 932 HAF case / Windows 7 Pro 64

jfuenmayor

Thanks for the info Shaneb.

I could still see that Zoro offered the lowest prices and you can order the quantity you need for the same price. My experience with them, so far, has been excellent. Free shipping via UPS Ground, usually 5 business days. Some items may be back ordered though.

Also, I am not sure about exporting some of these items overseas ( our friends in Europe and other places come to my mind ), it is possible that there may be some restrictions, I don't really know.

I am repopulating my OVH with the real switches ( Honeywell TL Series, made in the good'ol USA and not China, for a change :) ) for the real feel. I made a mistake and I ordered a few more  ON/OFF ON Momentary ( ideal for Generators ) than what I needed, my fault. I found out that the ones without the lever-lock mechanism for these particular ones, are almost half the price, however,  the SPDT ON/OFF Lever-Lock are reasonable priced for the top quality they deliver, so I got them. One may need about 16 of these, plus the caps ( I have been a bit frustrated trying to find the large ones for these switches, Engravity advertises them but I don't know if they fit the "Real McCoy" and they come almost to 7,00 Euro or so a piece, quite a price for a small piece of rubber.

Anyhow, I hope this information may serve others.

Joaquin

Danilo

Why don't you try with the lever locking switches from other manufacturer? For my King Air B200 cockpit I've used switches from NKK and they cost a quarter of the Honeywell's price.

At Mouser Electronics: ON-ON (S2AL-RO) $13.89 and ON-OFF-ON (S3AL-RO) $13.38

Regards,
Danilo

mickc

Joaquin,

Regarding the caps for the Honeywell locking switches, i would advise buying the proper Honeywell caps.
The aftermarket ones really don't compare in feel or durability.  As these switch caps are pulled every time the switch is used, a simple glued rubber cap will soon come off.

The real caps are around $15 US each, but they are a top quality bonded silicone rubber assembly that screws on securely to the switch.

You simply gently heat the existing cap, and unscrew, then apply Loctite 242 and screw the new one on.

Honeywell part number is 15PA90-6W

I can provide pics if required.

quid246

The Honeywell switches are too expensive for my blood... especially when you consider how many you need in an overhead.

But if enough people are interested, perhaps a group buy is a good idea... to obtain the quantity price breaks.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate