Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 05:23:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
459 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 514
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 459
Total: 459

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Hello from Detroit USA!

Started by VinceN, August 11, 2014, 08:40:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VinceN

Hello All!

Name's Vince.  I'm a long time simmer and have flown mostly larger aircraft with Virtual Airlines.  I got out of the game a couple of years ago and have recently started to pick it back up again.  This time however I decided I wanted to aim a little lower and work on more general aviation flying, like I would be doing if I could get a license.  Low and slow.

I've always wanted to build a cockpit but was put off by a couple of different factors (one of which was that when I was VA flying I was in several different pits and I wanted something that was true to an actual aircraft)  Now that I'm flying GA and sticking to Cessna's, I think I'm ready to settle down on a single aircraft.

I plan to begin construction of a Cessna 182 Steam Gauge cockpit driving FSX.  Initially, I plan to use flat panel monitors to display the gauges as gauge building seems a little outside of my comfort level right now.  I plan to, over time, replace them with actual gauges.  I figure a combination of Rotary Knobs and the monitors will be good enough for the time being.

I joined the community because I figure that it will be a lot easier if I can talk to folks who most likely have dealt with these types of issues before.

So.... HI ALL!!!!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate