Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 07:04:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
81 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 96
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 81
Total: 81

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Lua Plugin for sounds.

Started by Kennair, March 10, 2011, 04:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kennair

It is such an honor to be the first to post in the FSX Utilities forum.  I only hope I do it justice.

Just thought I'd share my latest find using FSUIPC's Lua Plugin facility (doesn't matter if this means nothing to you, just install it and enjoy).  Let me clarify that I'm not a programmer nor have any interest or skills in this area (my brother is a programmer and while I love him dearly, he is a very strange creature indeed!). 

I wanted to have a sound run when I deployed Speedbrakes but FSX doesn't have this as standard.  Some addons like PMDG have it coded into their aircraft but I use the Posky 777 and there's no sound associated with the Speedbrake.  So after looking around I found the Lua plugin associated with FSUIPC (which we all have, right?) and it can do just that and more.  Now the Speedbrake makes an awesome rumble whenever its deployed.  I took a standard sound file from FSX (cnroll3.wav) and gave it a 6db boost below 200hz and renamed it "spoiler.wav" and placed into the "FSX\Sounds" directory.  The lua plugin is loaded upon FSX start and detects when the aircraft is going faster than 65knots with the Speedbrakes up and then fires off the sound file.

I've attached the files for others who may be interested.  Just copy the lua file into the FSX\Modules folder and put the sound file into the FSX\Sounds folder.  All will appear upon Speedbrake deploy.

Cheers,

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

jackpilot

Thanks Ken,
Being offset challenged, I fully appreciate.
JP

Jack

Trevor Hale

You did it Justice :)  Fantastic contribution.  I am sure this will help many others with various problems like this.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

CeeGee

Thanks Ken, this will help us a lot as we were having problems with the spoiler up/down indications. That is all fixed now with caution lights, so now we can have the bells and whistles as well! Many thanks for a great sound. Charlie.
First Jet Airliner flies again

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate