Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 05:28:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
230 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 355
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 230
Total: 230

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Custom build cockpit

Started by wilvdv, May 08, 2015, 02:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilvdv

Well, I am verry new here and wil introduce myself now. I am a retired man, 71 of age and enthousiast for flightsimming. In august 2014 I started building a cockpit for a single engine aircraft. About two month ago the system was running as I wanted it to run. Now I am buiding the shell or hull. I use plywood and cardboard and aluminum for the dashboard. At this moment the frame is almost ready, I only have to apply a few more capstrips on the ribs and than I can paint the inside and cover the hull with fabric. I have a chair from the Museum for Flightsimulation in Someren and the instruments are all from Saitek. I did build in two speakers and two displays, one 17" for the gauges and one 10" on whitch the flightmap is displayed. I will post a few pictures to show my work. And of course I will sent more pictures when the hull is completed with the door.
Kind regards,

Wil

Bob Reed

This is a very nice setup! Can't wait to see the pictures of the shell!

wilvdv

Hi Bob, thanks for your repley. Today I finished the capstrips job. The frame needs only some sandpaper work before I can start painting the inside. After that the fabric will be glued to the frame. It has a silver-aluminum color and is a little stretcheble so I think it will work wel. Hereby a picture of the frame until now.

Regards, Wil

727737Nut

Very nice work! Keep us posted on your progress.
737 Junkie

Bob Reed

Hey Wil, again nice work! Just make sure you build some kind of air circulation into it. It gets very hot inside these things and it will become very uncomfortable. Even in Sam's 73, we kept the room at 73 but it would still get very and I mean very hot in the cockpit. Sam fixed that with more sir flow. So just a heads up...

wildcat02

Wil,

Very nice setup ! Prachtig !

wilvdv

Yes, I think the temperature will rise in my pit. But what I did at the very beginning is to build in two fans in front of the pedals!! I can activate them with an extra switch on my dashboard. They both run at 24 volts and I hope that will be enough to keep the temperature. And the backsite of the shell remains open for fresh air and to teach the grandchilderen flying.
Regards, Wil

wilvdv

Yes, its a few weeks ago that I posted a message of my pit. In the meantime I did a lot of work so I can say now, the job is done!! I finished applying the fabric and put the door in place. Painted my callsign on it and the name of my pit. I even added some warnings: mind your head, no step, smoking prohibited etc. On one of the pictures you can see that I made a little "door" on the left side. Behind this door is my second computer installed on whitch PanelBuilder is running. I do really enjoy flying now because the feeling of beeing in the air is very realistic. Look at the pictures I made and attached to this post.

Regards, Wil

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate