Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:19:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
113 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 113
Total: 113

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

B777 thottle quad added to the line up!

Started by Aerosim Solutions, April 05, 2010, 05:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

I have done business with Aerosim.. No need to worry about such things. And quality is #1 and shipping time was pretty good as well from Australia!

Aerosim Solutions

Thanks for the ongoing support guys, much appreciated! My customer in Germany is happy now he has received the second shipment of his parts!

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Aerosim Solutions

The Boeing 777 thottle quadrant has been completed at last. This is the first TQ I have made where every piece has been manufactured on the CNC machine It is built from aluminium, PVC and acrylics with quality components throughout so I now fficially announce it as an available Aerosim product. The unit contains the Aerosim generic throttle base with gear driven potentiometers and adjustable friction. The flap and speedbrake also have gear driven potentiometers. The flap lever has to be lifted with a realistic spring loaded detent mechanism. The alternate trim levers are spring loaded to the centre and quad switches ensure it operates as per the real TQ. The fuel valve switches are the locking toggle type and all electrics are pre wired for any interface card. This unit is not motorised but the generic throttle base has provision for a stepper motor drives. A very happy 'Kennair' will be collecting the TQ this week with a big smile on his face I expect!!!

Cheers Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

XOrionFE

Wow!

Looks awesome Gwyn.  Ken has got to be one very happy camper.  Fantastic backlighting also.

I have a feeling you are going to become very busy making these for the triple 7 crowd.

Scott

Kennair

Quote from: XOrionFE on July 04, 2010, 06:28:38 PM
Wow!

Looks awesome Gwyn.  Ken has got to be one very happy camper.  Fantastic backlighting also.

I have a feeling you are going to become very busy making these for the triple 7 crowd.

Scott

You're so right Scott.  I got a look at this baby a couple of weeks back as the top plate was being fitted and it looks and feels awesome.  Using the generic throttle body the internal design is deceptively simple and clean, and now that all the design has been nutted out, future units can be turned out in a fraction of the time.  Gwyn's also making a 777 MIP for me so I hope to pick that up soon and then the new install can begin in earnest.  Check out AerosimSolutions for details and pricing for anyone else interested.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

jackpilot

Very nice piece of equipment Gwyn!
I know  first hand that designing a TQ is no small feat!
Well done.
Jack

Jack

Aerosim Solutions

That's Ken on the left, do you think his smile is genuine or is he just humouring me?? Another TQ leaves the workshop and it's onto more Spitfire bits for Darryl! I got an enquiry from Mathew Shiel yesterday for some 747TQ parts, a legend of our game no less!

Cheers, Gwyn

jackpilot

Nice pic....happy guys.
This is more than a hobby....U know what I mean!
Jack

Jack

Kennair

Way more than a hobby I'd say.  And thanks to Leo Bodner the babies alive!!!

Kaptain Ken. :)
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Aerosim Solutions

Quote from: Kennair on July 07, 2010, 11:55:46 PM
Way more than a hobby I'd say.  And thanks to Leo Bodner the babies alive!!!

Kaptain Ken. :)

Jeez you didn't muck about, I want a go on it!!!

Gwyn

Aerosim Solutions

Last night Ken invited me over to have a fly in his sim fitted with my B777TQ and I jumped at the chance. I have made a few TQs and delivered them to my customers but I have never had the chance to actually operate one of them! Ken had installed it in his console and wired it direct to a Leo Bodnar interface card, all pots and switches were connected except for the C & R stabilizer rocket switches which FS does not simulate. Ken had utilized one of these switches as a parking brake which I thought was a neat trick. After a few minutes Ken had kicked the tyres and lit the fires and we lined up for a take off from Amsterdam Schippol. The throttle levers are quite heavy and take some effort to move them, my mate who is a B777 training captain help me with setting up the friction when the unit was still in my workshop. The T7 engines started to spool up and whine and the beasty started to roll. I pushed the levers forward and was immediately impressed with the linearity of the pots, it was sweet. My old tq in my sim that I made 5 years ago is no where near as good as this, my N1 is 100% when my levers reach about two thirds of the available travel and it is not linear either. I can't believe I have been content with it for 5 years, I have to build myself a new TQ and I will! The glass displays from the new Sim Avionics are absolutely stunning, I think the jump seat passenger could easily read the digits on the displays. It really puts my old PMDG set up to shame, I will bite the bullet and buy Sim Avionics for sure. We recently had the opportunity to compare Sim Avionics and Project Magenta side by side and in my opinion SA is a clear winner and a lot cheaper too. CAD$1700.00 for SA can hardly be considered a cheap piece of software but for the brain of your simulator with ongoing support and upgrades, I think it is a valid price for the effort that has gone into it's creation.
Back to the throttle... As I levelled off and pulled back on the bang sticks the engines responded instantly and smoothly and it certainly felt like I was flying a big aeroplane, what a buzz! What a buzz. I had a play with the alternate trim levers which worked instantly and the speedbrake operated well, my PMDG speedbrake makes the noise but doesn't really slow the plane down much. The flapgate is great, I spent a lot of time machining this and it is certainly heavy duty, Captain John says it is exacly the same feel as the real quad and "you have got it all right"!!! Ken and I flew for about two and a half hours and I was thrilled to 'fly my throttle', A new B737TQ is going straight onto my design bench!
Thanks Ken, MIP panels coming soon!!
Cheers Gwyn
www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Kennair

A pleasure as always Gwyn, I was more than pleased to offer the chance to test out your own handiwork.  It's a sweet feel and gives very smooth control of a heavy bird like the T7 as you discovered.  I just need to get it into a 777 pedestal instead of a PC12!  As for the jump seat passenger, he certainly could read the panel digits if he could in fact read and would stop licking our elbows (i.e. Labrador).  It's now I realise I should have taken some photos to mark the occasion.  Damn!  Oh well, you'll just have to come again and test out the new MIP as well.  :cheers:

Ken.

Bob Reed

Yes!! Pictures man.. Gotta take pictures!!! ;D

jackpilot

Quote from: Aerosim Solutions on July 27, 2010, 05:25:12 PM
, A new B737TQ is going straight onto my design bench!

Gwyn, why would you put that oldie TQ in the 73 ?
Do it the way Boeing should have for the "New generation" , ...and the way I did it  :P

You have the parts!!!

Jack

Kennair

Quote from: jackpilot on July 28, 2010, 04:00:22 AM

Gwyn, why would you put that oldie TQ in the 73 ?
Do it the way Boeing should have for the "New generation" , ...and the way I did it  :P

You have the parts!!!

I'll second that Jack, an improvement even the manufacturer recognised in the 787.

Ken.

jackpilot

Watch out Ken....
You build a grey 777 and I use a 787 TQ in a 73!!

We are on the brink of being exiled to a dusty and dark planet for forced labour in a titanium mine.

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate