Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:29:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
108 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 108
Total: 108

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Rudder stops at 60 knots XP11 - Need Help Fixing

Started by Michael_B737_ATP, July 17, 2018, 02:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_B737_ATP

Hi Everyone,   

I'm having an issue I cannot figure out. I have rudder pedals hooked up to XP11, they work fine up to 60 knots... Once the airliner hits 60 knots the rudder freezes and is not available again until the aircraft slows to under 60 knots. I'm running Sim-Avionics.

Any ideas? I've checked plane maker, sim-avionics and cannot find what is causing the issue.

Thanks
Mike

Bob Reed

Quote from: Michael_B737_ATP on July 17, 2018, 02:58:33 PM
Hi Everyone,   

I'm having an issue I cannot figure out. I have rudder pedals hooked up to XP11, they work fine up to 60 knots... Once the airliner hits 60 knots the rudder freezes and is not available again until the aircraft slows to under 60 knots. I'm running Sim-Avionics.

Any ideas? I've checked plane maker, sim-avionics and cannot find what is causing the issue.

Thanks
Mike

Hi Mike, is this happening on the ground?

Trevor Hale

Seems to me it is behaving like a tiller.  Your tiller should work until 60-80 kias, then after that you switch to the rudder.  Maybe something to check.
Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Michael_B737_ATP

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the reply's, I appreciate the help.

Hi Bob,
This happens on the ground, as soon as she hits 60 knots the rudder freezes in what ever position it was in at 60. I don't come back until under 60knots.

Hi Trevor,
The controls axes match XP11. Think I'll ask Mark about the tiller, strange that cuts off at 60. I wonder if there is a setting I can turn off for the tiller to test that idea.

Thanks again
Mike

Joe Lavery

If you have the rudder set in X-Plane and Windows, one may be conflicting with the other. This happens in FSX/P3D a lot, but I don't know if it's the same in X-plane.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate