Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 12:40:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
130 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 130
Total: 130

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New video on You Tube

Started by Per Alm, May 21, 2010, 01:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Per Alm

New video on You Tube  :)

I would just like to share a new video I uploaded yesterday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWUk6sty44

/ Per Alm

Per Alm

Boeing Skunk Works

Wow, very nice! And so smooth too.

What video format do you record in, and do you have to convert to another format to upload to YouTube?

My videos turn out really crappy after converting to an accepted YouTube format. They look great beforehand on my TV or just uploading to my computer, but the conversion process sucks the life out of them.
Why yes...I am a rocket scientist...

Boeing, Collins, Gables, Sperry, PPG, Korry, Pacific Scientific, Honeywell

Bob Reed

Looks like you have the crab issue well under hand, care to explaine? Or is it just the way you filmed it...

MLeavy737

Nice Job!! Sim and video look great! O, and stay on that centerline on the RY :)

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Per Alm

Quote from: MLeavy737 on May 21, 2010, 08:14:02 PM
Nice Job!! Sim and video look great! O, and stay on that centerline on the RY :)

Mike Leavy

:D Well it wasn't the best of landings. I usually stay on the centerline.....II just didn't take the time to redo it!

Best Regard  /  Per
Per Alm

Per Alm

Quote from: Bob Reed on May 21, 2010, 02:42:06 PM
Looks like you have the crab issue well under hand, care to explaine? Or is it just the way you filmed it...

Not sure I understand what you mean.

/ Per
Per Alm

Per Alm

Quote from: Boeing Skunk Works on May 21, 2010, 02:03:43 PM
Wow, very nice! And so smooth too.

What video format do you record in, and do you have to convert to another format to upload to YouTube?

My videos turn out really crappy after converting to an accepted YouTube format. They look great beforehand on my TV or just uploading to my computer, but the conversion process sucks the life out of them.

Hello!
I use a Samsung compact camera with HD video possibilities. I think the format is MPEG-4. I do the editing in windows movie maker. The films are around 200-400 MB in size. I don't know if there's some sort of editing when  one uploads to facebook or you tube. I feel the result is a bit better on facebook. The uploaded film is brighter and closer to the original film in colour and flow.....I also feel the uploaded films on you tube stay closer to the original if the are in HD format, even if you don't play it in HD. Maybe the upload process is better somehow!?? I'm not sure. The original films on my hard drive are of course superior in quality. It's a diffcult environment to capture when you combine the bright light from the projector screen together with dimmer cockpit with it's brighter LEDS. It's not exactely a "daylight in the park" situation.... I quess our biological cameras, the eyes, are fantastic. They provide images that are truly beyond HD-quality!!

The Music is made by my friend Martin. On the other films I used music (old stuff) that Martin and I recorded some 15-20 years ago. I play the guitar parts. I talked to Martin yesterday an hopefully we can start recording more music shortly. I picked up my guitar playing, after a 10 year break,  when my son started taking guitar lessons.

/ Per 
Per Alm

warvet

Very nice video Per, i remember when you first started building your lear sim lol now it looks just amazng well done. ;D
Tim
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

Per Alm

Quote from: warvet on May 21, 2010, 10:04:24 PM
Very nice video Per, i remember when you first started building your lear sim lol now it looks just amazng well done. ;D
Tim

Thanks!
I need more space for the sim so I can start working on the multi projector setup.

/ Per
Per Alm

Boeing Skunk Works

Thanks Per. I think the problem I'm having is the conversion process. If you are recording in MPEG-4 I don't think there is any conversion required as those are direct uploads to many video sites.

My camera records in .mov format at only 640x480. By the time it's compressed to MPEG-3 or MPEG-4 through the conversion process it looks pretty bad.

MLeavy737

Quote from: Per Alm on May 21, 2010, 09:10:42 PM
Quote from: MLeavy737 on May 21, 2010, 08:14:02 PM

Mike Leavy

:D Well it wasn't the best of landings. I usually stay on the centerline.....II just didn't take the time to redo it!

Best Regard  /  Per

Lol, Im just kiddin :) Thats just something i used to hear from my instructors all the time back in the day.. They would say stuff like..If you could hold 3000' as good as you hold 3100' we would be in business. lol  Same comments about the centerline.
  Looks great, would love to fly it!

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Boeing Skunk Works

No offence, but I also noted a slight pull up on the nose when the balls all turned to red. Push on those throttles a tad instead. Without the throttle, it increases your sink rate as speed bleeds off even more.

High mounted stabilizer aircraft don't like their stabs in the wake of the wing. Bad ju-ju there. Bad, bad, bad. Has led to stab stalls where you don't want to be at low altitude. The nose will pitch over like a rock.

Per Alm

Quote from: Boeing Skunk Works on May 22, 2010, 08:16:15 AM
No offence, but I also noted a slight pull up on the nose when the balls all turned to red. Push on those throttles a tad instead. Without the throttle, it increases your sink rate as speed bleeds off even more.

High mounted stabilizer aircraft don't like their stabs in the wake of the wing. Bad ju-ju there. Bad, bad, bad. Has led to stab stalls where you don't want to be at low altitude. The nose will pitch over like a rock.
[/quote

::) Next time I'll show you guys how to land this bird :D
Per Alm

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate