Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:58:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
124 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 124
Total: 124

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

MSFS 2020 Best method to remove cockpit view?

Started by blueskydriver, July 19, 2021, 10:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Hey MSFS 2020 Users,

What is the best method to remove the cockpit itself from cockpit view? The "Home Cockpit Mode" option in MSFS 2020 doesn't work at all...

Can you please provide instructions or links too someone else's or link a YT video of how's it done?

John

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Joe Lavery

John, I seem to remember that Trevor has done this in his King Air. Perhaps you could drop him a PM.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

KyleH

I believe Trevor solved it by moving the view point forward till it was basically on the nose of the aircraft.
Kyle

Chief Pilot
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

RayS

I was able to remove everything by editing the MODEL.CFG file.

For me, it's in:
 C:\Users\rayso\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-kingair350\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_KingAir350\model

Edit model.cfg and comment out the "interior=" portion:

[models]
;exterior=KINGAIR_350I.XML
;interior=KINGAIR_350I_interior.XML

However, the KingAir still displayed the heat tape on the windshield and the wipers. No amount of editing any other file removed them, so I had to also comment out the "exterior=" portion as well.
Ray Sotkiewicz

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate