Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:19:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
119 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Progress Report

Started by Bob Reed, November 06, 2013, 03:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

I am getting ready to go down for some well deserved sleep! Things are much improved here at Cockpitbuilders Worldflight Team USA facilities! The sim is flying great.. THANKS MARK! Pilots are coming and going. Huge thanks to jskibo for doing extra to fill some holes! As of yesterday we have raised $1675.00! This is great now lets start a large push for more! This goes to a great cause All Children's Hospital in St. Petersburg Florida.... Lets help the kids! Tell your friends share the live feed links and lets help change some lives!!!!!

blueskydriver

Hi Bob,

You're doing an awesome job for all of this! Thank you for all the hard work that you've done... Also, thank you Sam and Trevor as well, without the three of you, the WF for the USA would not have happened.

I seriously wish I could be there, and it is very heart breaking for me that I am not able too, but Bob knows why I cannot. So, he understands, and for that I owe him twice as much.

Thanks again,

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

FredK

Well I'm on my way home sitting here in ATL waiting for my flight connection and I have to report that I am having very severe withdrawal symptoms.....I'm already missing it!  I flew 7 segments in less than 3 days time including last night's nearly 5 hour marathon from Iceland to Halifax.....I immensely enjoyed every minute of it!

I have to say this was the most enjoyable sim event I have ever participated in.  After the few minor problems were resolved the first day I found Sam's sim to be a true joy to fly....truly "as real as it gets".

Sam is an incredible host!!!!  Many thanks!

And Trev and Bob really put in a super human effort to pull it off (super human because apparently those guys do not require any sleep).  Each of those guys really knows what they are doing!

My spirit will be with you guys for the rest of the week!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Trevor Hale

Fred, Meeting you was very cool, and I hope you will consider taking part in next years event.  Hopefully Bob, Sam and I have learned a few things that we can use to our advantage to make next year even better.  I hope you have a safe journey back. 

Talk to you soon.

Trev
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Sam Llorca

Thank you for visiting, it was a pleasure to have you here as a member of the WTF 2013, hope you enjoy your stay with us, cheers, Sam.

Maurice

Are you guys flying without platform motion? Just wondering because I see people coming in & out of the cockpit during flights and that could be tricky and somewhat a bit dangerous if the platform is moving.

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jskibo

Quote from: Maurice on November 07, 2013, 06:34:54 PM
Are you guys flying without platform motion? Just wondering because I see people coming in & out of the cockpit during flights and that could be tricky and somewhat a bit dangerous if the platform is moving.

Maurice

Yes. Motion is off
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Sam Llorca

Maurice

Quote from: Sam Llorca on November 08, 2013, 03:25:43 AM
DUH,!!! :huh:

DUH NOT! When in level flight at cruise, there isn't much platform movement from what I recall having seen at FDS, especially back and forth, so I thought you might have rigged up another platform close enough to step on and then get off that platform. Since I have not seen any pictures of your current setup, it wasn't necessarily a stupid question this time.
I was pretty sure some/most? of the pilots were excited at the prospect of flying in a full motion sim and I was just wondering if you had found a clever way to accommodate them.

But sorry for asking.

Maurice

Trevor Hale

LOL, nah for the safety aspect of people wanting to be in and out and be able to acquire more beverages it was just a better idea to have the motion off.  Plus we didn't get a chance to perfect the setup prior to the event taking place.

Please don't misunderstand Sam,  No harm was intended just a laugh thats all, and I thought it was pretty funny.
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Maurice

Quote from: Trevor Hale on November 08, 2013, 10:07:35 AM
LOL, nah for the safety aspect of people wanting to be in and out and be able to acquire more beverages it was just a better idea to have the motion off.  Plus we didn't get a chance to perfect the setup prior to the event taking place.

Please don't misunderstand Sam,  No harm was intended just a laugh thats all, and I thought it was pretty funny.

Of course that makes sense. It's just a shame not to utilize the motion platform at least in the shorter flights. That's why I asked.

I still think a secondary small platform might work during the cruise stage when there is no motion to speak of. Perhaps next year  ;) .If I had been there, I would take my chances and jump to the fixed platform if there was one but then again, I am old enough to risk my life  ;D

And you can laugh at me all you want. I have a thick skin  ;D

Maurice

Maurice

Quote from: Maurice on November 08, 2013, 10:32:59 AM

I still think a secondary small platform might work during the cruise stage when there is no motion to speak of. Perhaps next year  ;) .

Maurice

Ok, I need to stop drinking Diet Coke. This was a really, really dumb idea :o; it might work during a stable part of the cruise but imagine stepping from one platform to the next at the exact moment that something happens and the moving platform makes a sudden abrupt movement and you have one foot on the fixed platform and the other foot on the moving one. Ouch!!! What was I thinking?  ::)  :-[

Maurice

Bob Reed

Quote from: Maurice on November 09, 2013, 02:29:21 AM
Quote from: Maurice on November 08, 2013, 10:32:59 AM

I still think a secondary small platform might work during the cruise stage when there is no motion to speak of. Perhaps next year  ;) .

Maurice

Ok, I need to stop drinking Diet Coke. This was a really, really dumb idea :o; it might work during a stable part of the cruise but imagine stepping from one platform to the next at the exact moment that something happens and the moving platform makes a sudden abrupt movement and you have one foot on the fixed platform and the other foot on the moving one. Ouch!!! What was I thinking?  ::)  :-[

Maurice

Hi Maurice. We are working with the motion now. We can stop the motion at any time and start it any time. So the plan was to run it on takeoff and landing only. this would give the crew the chance to get and stretch or observers to go in. Right now with out an extra seat we can not allow observers in the cockpit while motion is on.  No use burning fuel on cruse.

FredK

In UAL1120 right now tracking behind DAL209 on the way to Tonga.

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Maurice

Quote from: Bob Reed on November 09, 2013, 09:14:22 AM

We are working with the motion now. We can stop the motion at any time and start it any time. So the plan was to run it on takeoff and landing only. this would give the crew the chance to get and stretch or observers to go in. Right now with out an extra seat we can not allow observers in the cockpit while motion is on.  No use burning fuel on cruse.

Now, that makes perfectly good sense :). Will you be charging extra for any oversize pilots or observers to offset the extra fuel cost?  ;D

Maurice

Bob Reed

Quote from: Maurice on November 09, 2013, 09:39:39 AM
Quote from: Bob Reed on November 09, 2013, 09:14:22 AM

We are working with the motion now. We can stop the motion at any time and start it any time. So the plan was to run it on takeoff and landing only. this would give the crew the chance to get and stretch or observers to go in. Right now with out an extra seat we can not allow observers in the cockpit while motion is on.  No use burning fuel on cruse.

Now, that makes perfectly good sense :). Will you be charging extra for any oversize pilots or observers to offset the extra fuel cost?  ;D

Maurice

Now that is a thought Maurice...  :idiot: But that might cause some unforeseen problems. :)

Aerosim Solutions

Worldflight was great and as a newbie to Vatsim I thoroughly enjoyed my chats with controllers and other pilots including our own Bob Reed the other day! I'll be back for more Worldflights that's for sure. The Flightcity142 crew raised just under $7000 for the Royal Flying Doctor Service here in Oz which is an outstanding effort. Now to get over the simulated jet lag!!!

Cheers all,
Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

fsaviator

Great job everyone!  Thanks for putting the effort in for all of us.

Warren
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate