Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:29:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
111 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 111
Total: 111

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Instructor Station - Luis Gordo

ISLOGO

What is Instructor Station ?

In flight simulation, an Instructor Operator Station (IOS) is designed to assist the instructor in controlling the simulation training environment and monitoring all aspects of pilot/crew performance in the simulator. The instructor can control, via this software, all functions such as aircraft position and systems, meteorological, environmental, and situational parameters.

The Instructor Station is meant to assist Aviation Professionals, Flight Simulation Enthusiasts and Home Cockpit Builders using Microsoft® Flight Simulator (FS) 2004™, FSX™ and ESP™, Lockheed Martin Prepar3D® and X-Plane®.

The Instructor Station allows setting the aircraft on an approach to a runway of choice under any weather conditions, start-up and shutdown network computers (fully customizable), program or set aircraft system failures at any moment, calculate the amount of fuel required for a flight and load it to the aircraft, record flight performance (approaches, manoeuvres, landings, take-offs, etc.) and plot it graphically, and many other things!

Compatible with all types of aircraft! It is also a great tool for anybody who wants to control the flight simulator externally.

Many features are also available for Project Magenta users (pmSystems, Glass Cockpit, CDU/MCDU, MCP/FCU), AST & FMGS JeeHell users.

Developed by a pilot, engineer & flight simulation enthusiast.

TRY THE DEMO AND ORDER YOUR LICENSE TODAY !!

Isolated LAN for sim prevents license from working

Started by navymustang, March 18, 2014, 08:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navymustang

Similar to the post for dual NIC arrangements; my simulator network is completely isolated from the WAN or Internet.  I do this for a number of reasons that include speed, no need to virus protection, etc.
Your software works great if I turn on the Wi-Fi and change the IP address to the house network, but that is not my normal way of running, nor the normal way in  any of our training facilities.

How can I run the IOS on an isolated network?

Thanks,
Jim
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

navymustang

As way of introduction: Jim Williams here.  I work for AVT Simulation and we build and upgrade flight simulators for the military.  I am building a full cockpit 737NG in my garage using an older Thales built 737-200 that I have gutted.  I am using iFly-737 layered on FSX as the host, with Sismo Soluciones hardware for the pedestal, overhead and MIP.  I am using FlightDeck Solutions for the CDUs.  I would be glad to correspond with others who are taking on similar monumental tasks along with sending pictures of my efforts.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

jackpilot

Hi Jim

Ironically, I have been (and still is ) dreaming of a classic steamed gauge 737!!
Well, we all are on the Glass version now.
You will find many colleagues here, ready to share hard learned lessons and eager to ask questions also.
Your experience is an asset for CB and you are more than welcome aboard.
Someone for sure will answer your initial question.
Cheers
Jack

Jack

luisgordo

Hi Jim,

Internet connection is not necessary for iStation to work.

Presumably, you have a LAN card on a local network, and this should be perfectly fine.

What iStation currently does not handle well is switching from one network to another. 

If you send us the CODE generated in iStation with the computer connected to the local LAN, there should be no problem with the license at all.

Email or pm me with your specific issue, and I will be more than glad to help.

Cheers!
Luis Gordo
Instructor Station
www.iStationGordo.com

Flight Data Recorder Mobile
http://www.istationgordo.com/instructorstation/fdr

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate