Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:11:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
127 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 127
Total: 127

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

FDS CDU and PM

Started by Bob Reed, September 14, 2017, 12:11:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

I am looking for some setup help with the FDS CDU and PM. Anyone have some patients and a strong stomach?

blueskydriver

What's the problem Bob? Are you talking about the PM CDU software showing on the FDS CDU screen or setup items like FSPLANS, the CDU seeing the other parts of PM or cdu.ini?

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Bob Reed

Quote from: blueskydriver on September 14, 2017, 09:21:27 PM
What's the problem Bob? Are you talking about the PM CDU software showing on the FDS CDU screen or setup items like FSPLANS, the CDU seeing the other parts of PM or cdu.ini?

John

I am talking about the PM software on the CDU screen.....

blueskydriver

Hey Bob,

Which FDS CDU version is it and is the PM CDU working as normal on a computer screen; you're seeing it on the computer display right? Are you seeing anything at all on the FDS CDU to know it's working? If you are seeing it on the computer display that's a good sign, it means PM CDU is working, but unless you can get some other kind of indication that the FDS CDU is working, I would look at it first... Please let me know more details.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

Without knowing which FDS CDU it is, I thought about a couple things that might be the issue. First the API software that FDS uses here:

http://www.tekworx.com/downloads.php

Look at the CDU's on that link.

Next, I am assuming this is VGA right? So, if the display on the FDS CDU is getting the video signal, it would be an interface problem with PM CDU knowing what driver to use. I don't remember this exactly, but the CDU.ini has line entries for the hardware, yet the FDS one is not listed...so, that's the part I don't remember...does PM see the CDU by the value of the IO like it does for the MCP.

I am assuming you have all the setup steps listed in the manual finished (no disrespect there), as I am just asking too make sure there are no problems with CDU settings or if the view being used in PM is turned on for the smaller screen.

John

Bob Reed

Quote from: blueskydriver on September 15, 2017, 11:34:36 AM
Without knowing which FDS CDU it is, I thought about a couple things that might be the issue. First the API software that FDS uses here:

http://www.tekworx.com/downloads.php

Look at the CDU's on that link.

Next, I am assuming this is VGA right? So, if the display on the FDS CDU is getting the video signal, it would be an interface problem with PM CDU knowing what driver to use. I don't remember this exactly, but the CDU.ini has line entries for the hardware, yet the FDS one is not listed...so, that's the part I don't remember...does PM see the CDU by the value of the IO like it does for the MCP.

I am assuming you have all the setup steps listed in the manual finished (no disrespect there), as I am just asking too make sure there are no problems with CDU settings or if the view being used in PM is turned on for the smaller screen.

John

This is an old unit and uses a PS screen It is color but not vga.

jackpilot

Never had a problem with that CDU and PM
Maybe Trevor can help (as he uses one)  ???

Jack

Bob Reed

Quote from: jackpilot on September 15, 2017, 02:09:58 PM
Never had a problem with that CDU and PM
Maybe Trevor can help (as he uses one)  ???

Well this is a pretty old one Jack. I think it is the color of the CDU that is the issue... It is Brown!  :laugh: Any way the cdu works I am just having issues lining everything up n the window.

Garys

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate