Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:10:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
115 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 115
Total: 115

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Shields Up Buttons

Started by GyverX, March 22, 2018, 02:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GyverX

Ok it was a play on words but still...

I am trying to map things out and get things figured before I start making a lot of purchases I don't need that could of gone to more important things. Plus, having a list of of things to buy lets you prioritize. So I have a question.

Is there such a thing as a button shield for the Leonardo? I am going with the Leo because of the USB controller factor. but can not seem to find a shield that has pins that you can just plug into it instead of trying to figure out a matrix set up.

I see lots of matrix shields but they are for simple calculator set ups, but if they can make that then why not a full 32 or 64 shield that you can simply plug into. I saw the SpikenzieLabs B64 but you still have to make a matrix and there are issues with having more than 1 button pressed at a time.

So, Does a Shield even exist?

Thanks

blueskydriver

Hi Jason,

Read a little on your question, and as I understand it you're trying to get a button matrix based on the Leo Bodnar cards right? Is this in the realm of what you mean?

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=274

If not, have you emailed Leo about this question, he does custom work...

Also, if I'm way off base, how about sending Rob, 727737Nut, a PM about this? He is one of the top guys with things like this...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

GyverX

Quote from: blueskydriver on March 23, 2018, 01:59:34 AM
Hi Jason,

Read a little on your question, and as I understand it you're trying to get a button matrix based on the Leo Bodnar cards right? Is this in the realm of what you mean?

http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=94&products_id=274

If not, have you emailed Leo about this question, he does custom work...

Also, if I'm way off base, how about sending Rob, 727737Nut, a PM about this? He is one of the top guys with things like this...

John

WOW That is not exactly what I was looking for but it will work. It will not fit "On top" of a leo but will actually hook up to it "With the Diods" on it all ready. Thats a plus. Thanks for doing the research on this.   If I am looking at this right. You basically run your lines out of a leo or even a micro as you would in a matrix into the columns on the board then the easiest way is run two pins in each of the "B" ports and then you can plug each button into it and then you can have 32 buttons and a hat switch. This shows promise.  Thanks again Blueskydiver.   

blueskydriver

Glad to help Jason...

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

GyverX

I was talking to Trevor tonight on his stream and went to look up the price on this because I couldn't remember off hand and found something that will solve my button problem.
I wanted to post it here incase anyone else runs across this thread looking for the same thing. At the time of this post its about $50 us but I figured by the time I get part to make something that would work I would be spending this much anyways. So If you are looking for a quick easy way to get buttons for you cockpit build check this out. It may be what you were looking for, It was for me.

Loe Bonard BBI-64

navymustang

Don't overlook the unit from Bodner that uses push in connectors rather than pins. It is so easy to use.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

jackpilot

Jack

Bob Reed

I also use 2 of these cards...

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate