Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:25:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
108 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 108
Total: 108

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Network GPS or Moving MAP

Started by Bob Reed, July 09, 2010, 11:22:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Reed

Ok as I am laying out more good money for add ons I do not want to get crap. So I am looking for a good, networkable GPS or Movingmap systam I can run on my tablet. Since really jumpig back in here I have found a lot of my purchases I have made over the years are just gone.. No one can help me. Word of caution, if you buy online software MAKE sure you have hard copies of all serial numbers and keys. Or kiss your hard earned money good by!

jackpilot

I use PM Quickmap which works very nicely on the network and has real good features....up to gates numbers and taxiways IDs when zoomed on an airport.
Can be interfaced for buttons showing freq, ndbs, vors, waypoints ,Tcas, any waypoint bearing, distance and many many other.
Try the demo.
I put it on the lower DU of the 73 and happy with it

Jack

Bob Reed

Great program Jack.. And I do have it, but not what I am looing for here.

jackpilot

The XP Reality GNS is very complete and sophisticated but not networkable. Has to be on an FS computer second screen. Worth a look.
http://www.reality-xp.com/flightsim/gns530/features/index.html

Jack

Bob Reed

Quote from: jackpilot on July 09, 2010, 02:26:09 PM
The XP Reality GNS is very complete and sophisticated but not networkable. Has to be on an FS computer second screen. Worth a look.
http://www.reality-xp.com/flightsim/gns530/features/index.html
Thanks again Jack. I have that as well and as of now it is the one I am tying to learn to use. But I thought if I could find a networkable one before I put too much yime into learning it I would switch but I may stick with the it.. It realy is nice.

jackpilot

Pretty sure that, assuming you have decent video on your FS computer, (which U have ) you can undock it on a small TFT screen and interface the buttons (same as stock FS GPS trough FSUIPC)

Jack

blueskydriver

edit
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Bob Reed

John.. I was just looking at that one. I remeber reading the story on it someplace too. There was a chance the author would come back to it..... But so far looks like nota.... Oh well. I will let you knwo looks like it will work.

blueskydriver

edit
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

blueskydriver

edit

Bob Reed

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate