Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:01:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
133 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 136
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Simfest Report #1

Started by Jetcos, November 06, 2010, 12:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jetcos

I received an open invitation to visit the UK for World Flight 2010. The website is www.simfest.co.uk  and flights have been running since Oct 31st and following a Flight Schedule. Time is planned for crew changes, refuelling and flight planning.

I arrived at Toronto CYYZ for my flight on Air Canada AC856 to London, Heathrow. After an equipment change from a B767-300ER to a B777-200LR and a slight delay we were off to LHR. Flight was smooth and uneventful (the way I like it) and we arrived at 6:10am in London. I was met at the airport by Ralph W. and it was nice to see a familiar face after meeting Ralph at the FDS Open House in 2010. We headed to the simulator room at Ralph's. Got the quick tour of the house, Gary sleeping in the TV room (night flights) and 2 crew members working their way to Zurich. Steve (Captain) and Jesper (F/O) were preparing their holds and getting lined up for their arrival in to Zurich. Nice smooth hand landing with full checklists and callouts thru the flight. I am flying WF1034 with Mark from Sim-A as Captain. This flight is Tel Aviv to Kuwait City. The B737 BBJ2 (B737-800) is Ralph's simulator model for the World Flight allowing the range and fuel upload required on the longer Pacific legs.

I'll report back after our flight and there is a webcam to watch if you have a few minutes. The atmosphere here is serious for the flying with loads of British humour. The laughs have been non stop, sort of like the flying!

Steve Cos

Blogging this on our homepage as well

Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

jackpilot

Thanks Steve for keeping us updated here.
...I know Mark and guess you will have fun!
Jack

Jack

MLeavy737

That sounds like a great time!!

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Jetcos

Another Report from the Flightdeck:

Completed our flight into Bangkok, Thailand as WF1039. It was my turn to be Captain and Mark operated as F/O on this sector. Ralph handled the Dispatching and provided the necessary paperwork, weather, airport charts for our landing. Following the proper procedures we did our call for Clearance and Pushback from the gate. Completed our engine starts and checklists. Taxied to Rwy 25 for departure following QF25 with Matthew Sheil's B747 simulator from Australia. Runway heading with a right turn to 90 degrees to join the airway and enroute to Bangkok as filed. Climbed out to FL370 and Mark and I  planned our approach into the airport based on winds and listening to the aircraft ahead. Ralph showed up with a pizza and a drink for a quick lunch before our landing. With a "push the Call button when you are done" so we could have the food trays taken back to the galley. Nice touch Ralph and great meal service! While enroute we switched over to Rangoon Control to find Gary controlling and providing proper spacing for the Approach controllers. Smashing job Gary! Vectors for the active with our flight heading around the airport and the Approach controller squeezing us in for the ILS. Only problem was no ILS for landing so some quick calculations by Mark and I took over for the landing phase of the flight. Arrived safely and made our way to the gate after our smooth landing (so I was told).Then followed the Shutdown Checklist and completed our paperwork for the next crew. This type of flying is the best way to get the full immersion of a simulator, ATC and real world procedures take it to the next level. If you haven't tried FS and Squawkbox, you are missing the last elements of "as close as it gets" flying. It was nice to see Scott W, Dave E, Ed D and Axel G show up on the Live Chat while we were flying, sorry if I missed anyone but it is busy in the Flightdeck. Thanks for following along so far. 5 more flights to go.

Steve
Steve Cos
Flightdeck Solutions, Newmarket Ontario,Canada
Special Projects and Technical Support

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate