Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:55:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
119 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 119
Total: 119

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

What have you done for your simulator today?

Started by blueskydriver, January 14, 2018, 04:01:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bernard S

bernard S

bernard S

MistyBlue

Quote from: crazydunc on July 22, 2022, 02:32:35 PMI have changed from normal LED Strips to Chip on board (COB) LED Strips for AFDS and Background Floods in the 737. The Improvement is mental, hard to show in a photo, but it stood out massively when I turned them on today.

Yup, COB LEDs are a much better solution for MIP lighting.  I posted about it on my site last year after I discovered the same.  I understand they've improved even more now.

Here's where I bought mine from:

https://www.solidapollo.com/Dotless-COB-LED-Strip/

bernard S

MistyBlue

Making progress on the aft roll-away bulkhead with real CBs.  Mostly finish work left now.

Trying to find a folding first observer jump seat.  If anyone knows of one available please let me know otherwise I'll probably just make one.

Waiting on my linked FO rudder pedals from FSC.  Then  planning on building out a new base with real linked columns and control loading columns and rudder.  Exciting times ahead.

FredK

Interesting concept! 

Nice workmanship!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Jason L

Meant to post this quite a while ago, but here is the unboxing video for the CFY Throttle

CFY Unboxing Video

jackpilot

Jack

sagrada737

Hey Jason...   Congrats on the new TQ.  Looks super nice!

Hi Tony...  Great job on the "roll-away" CB Sections.  Adding in all the detail should be a lot of fun.

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

RayS

My super-duper final-secret MIP is complete... Again.

Center MIP is all Garmin gear now.

Garmin 430:  (Real, front panel controls with pop-out 430)

Garmin MX20: (Real, interfaced to X-Plane using a Microcontroller)

Garmin G5 PFD and ND: 3D printed Bezels, with G5 from Siminnovations.

This is it. This is the final version. I'm done! (At least until the weekend.....)
Ray Sotkiewicz

Joe Lavery

Hi Ray,

That image seems to be corrupted.

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

FredK

Image looks OK here.

Impressive work for sure!

Fred K
Boeing 737NG-800, Prepar3D v4.5, Sim-Avionics 1.964, SimSync multi-channel (curved screen), Optoma 1080GTDarbee projectors (3), Fly Elise warping, FSGRW weather, FDS OH panels and CDUs, SimParts MIP, FDS SysBoards (OH), CPFlight MCPPro and pedestal panels, FI Gauges, PFC controls, converted motorized TQ (SIOC), Weber seats

Joe Lavery

Yes,very impressive and the image is okay now. Not sure if it was a problem on my end.
I like the green backlight.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

sagrada737

Hello Ray,

That is one fine Sim build.  Great job!

Mike
Full-scale 737-800 Sim; P3d v5.3x with Sim-Avionics (two computers), FDS MIP,  FlightIllusion hardware.  3-Optoma ZH406ST Laser HD projectors, with 4K inputs from a single Nvidia RTX-4090 GPU (new), resulting in a 210 deg wrap-around display.  6dof Motion Platform using BFF 6dof motion software, driven by a Thanos Servo Controller to 6.2 KW Servos, Lever type actuators.

bernard S

just doing air-conditioning for avionics bays20220811_180145.jpg

Reco

Great panel RayS what radios are you using your own or pre-made
I'm looking for radios for my helicopter sim pit

Rhys

ame

Looks like Collins radio panels. I had a go at 3D printing some, but I don't have accurate dimensions. I expect they're close though:

https://www.cockpitbuilders.com/index.php?topic=7761.msg55676#msg55676

RayS

They are Collins-Style radios from FlightIllusion.

I actually have a few real Collins radios and the form factor matches the FI radios perfectly.

On another note, I spent the weekend re-arranging the sim hangar, to make room for my drum kit. Wife and I went to a local neighborhood concert and it was inspiring, so I moved the kit out of the attic and into the hangar. Just waiting on a few cables so I can mic everything up.
Ray Sotkiewicz

bernard S

jackpilot

Jack

blueskydriver

Nice work Bernard! How about a wide angle pic of the whole plane, so we can see how it's all coming together....

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

N8033F

Quote from: RayS on August 09, 2022, 02:18:39 PMThis is it. This is the final version. I'm done! (At least until the weekend.....)

This looks amazing!

bernard S

sagrada737

First Class Bernard!  When you do something, you do it right!  Can't wait to see the finished project.  Keep up the good work!

Mike

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate