Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:00:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
126 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 126
Total: 126

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Project Magenta with Xplane 11

Started by N606DL, October 04, 2018, 10:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

N606DL

Hello Project Magenta users, I have a few questions for you. First I am building a 757 real flightdeck using OEM parts. I am currently using P3dv3.4 with Level D 767. I am using opencockpits for my boards and it all seems to work great. However I am stuck in the 32 bit world and at the mercy of Leveld developers if they don't come out within the next 10 years of a 757 in 64 bit P3dv4. I was thinking of migrating to X plane with the Flightfactor 757. My first question is would PM work with Xplane 11 and that model aircraft? If so what would it take to get everything talking with each other?

Danny

kevinsayre

I have a 737 cockpit running x plane 11 and all project magenta, all running perfectly.

N606DL

Hi Kevin, thats good news. Did you have to disable the systems from the original 737 software for PM to work?

D

N606DL

Kevin are you using a default 737 or a payware study level 737?

Bob Reed

Kevin, I too would like to know what aircraft you are using. I tried to use PM in XPlane 10 but had issues with the PM arguing with the built in AP... What is your work around?

kevinsayre

eggsy

...the question is not so much what aircraft you're using, rather what hardware cockpit did you get PM running on?

Bob Reed

Quote from: eggsy on November 27, 2018, 04:05:15 AM
...the question is not so much what aircraft you're using, rather what hardware cockpit did you get PM running on?

I do not understand the question. PM software is not hardware dependent.

eggsy

Bob,  really? does PM work on anything? I've noticed that most h/w suppliers specify it (along with other software)... so I thought I had to ensure first that there was an 'announced' compatibility. I am in the process of choosing my hardware now... so you can imagine what relief this news is to me. I am overly obsessed with the idea that my X-Plane 11 will not fly the hardware because of compatibility issues. I am determined to fly X-Plane and nothing else and the impression I got is that setting it up in complex system like the 737 is no stroll in the park. So, this is GREAT news  ... Thanx so much for the tip!

Joe Lavery

Just following up on Bob's post, this is directly from the PM website.

"Project Magenta software can be used in conjunction with Flight Simulators as well as Stand-Alone Solutions – Data Playback is also possible. Currently we directly support FS2004, FSX, ESP, Prepar3D up to V4,  X-Plane 9, 10 and 11 and via IPCServer you can connect virtually to any data source. Our Glass Cockpit, Flight Management, Autopilot, Systems and Instructor software connects to your simulator and interacts with it."

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

eggsy

Thank you Joe and Bob, please accept my apologies for my earlier post. I'm overloaded with so much contradicting literature (on home-cockpits and s/w compatibility) from so many different sources that I am at a stage where I have doubts even on my own shadow. This info you're giving me is very valuable and I thank you for it and for your patience. In the near future I hope to throw in the discussion more challenging questions... and who knows, maybe even answers one day!

Trevor Hale

Edgar,  As I mentioned in another thread, We are all learning, and the best way to learn is ask specific questions...

Specific Questions are way better than general Questions.
Ie. (Does Project Magenta MCP Software work with CP Flight MCP Hardware? VS
What Hardware does Project Magenta work with?
It just makes things easier for everyone if we keep the questions more specific.  Take a breath bud, it will all be good :)

Trev

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate