Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:23:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
105 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 121
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 105
Total: 105

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

New CDU ...

Started by jackpilot, June 07, 2010, 06:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackpilot

I had the opportunity to test this new generation CDU coupled with the Sim Avionics software and the whole package is more than impressive.
I have the previous version of this CDU which I like (..liked !?) very much but  I must say that this one is a big step ahead.
VGA LCD , razor sharp image, super wide angle of view and high resolution .
All metal bezel and new keys make it closer than ever to the real stuff, and the new VGA screen is the real plus. The unit is self contained in a neat package and can be used as a desktop
device or integrated in a CDU bay using Dzus rails. Plug and Play at its best.
Actually the best feature is that its price remains the same as the previous version even if this unit is far more advanced.
List of main  features  from FDS:

-  VGA LCD (800x600 Resolution!)
-  All Metal Construction (Bezel and Structural Components)
-  Dual Use Design (Drop in DZUS Rail Compliant and/or Desktop)
-  New Dimpled Injection Moulded Keys   
-  PnP with Sim-Avionics, Project Magenta. Open Source Interface for Simple Integration with other   CDU Software (SDK Required)
-  Dimmable Key Brightness
-  Dimmable LCD Display Brightness
-  Super Realistic Tactile Feel Keys (With Audible Click)
-  Includes Power Supply (VGA and USB Cables required)
-  Lead Time: 2-3 Weeks (Effective July 1 + Orders)
-  $995.95CAD

Jack

Kennair

Wow that thing is gorgeous Jack, and the fact that the price remains the same as old is an absolute bonus.  I can see these going out the door quick smart.

Cheers,

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Aerosim Solutions

Hi Jack, is it available yet? I've been waiting months!!! I want two of them..

Cheers, Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

727737Nut

In interested in your old CDU when it is for sale Jack or Gwyn! :))
737 Junkie

XOrionFE

I also spent the weekend at FDS's open house and played with the new cdu's and can also confirm that they are absolutely incredible.    My order will definitely be in for one or two.   It is really incredible that FDS is going to offer the new version at the same price given the amount of enhancements and new features.   And all metal!!  Just an incredible buy and value.   I will add that the new MCP is also a thing of absolute beauty.

Scott

Aerosim Solutions

Quote from: 727737Nut on June 08, 2010, 02:57:28 AM
In interested in your old CDU when it is for sale Jack or Gwyn! :))

I don't currently have a CDU sorry, I have been using the PMDG pop up window!
That's it...I'm off to buy two of these units...joy!

Gwyn
Boeing 737NG using Prepar3D v4.5, Prosim737, FDS SYS cards, FDS CDUs, CP Flight MCP Pro & EFIS Pro & Aerosim Solutions hardware of course!<br />Check out my website here -<br />http://www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Aerosim Solutions

Hi all, I did the deed!!!
I tried to buy a couple of the old style FDS FMC units about 4 months ago and Peter Cos asked me to wait and be patient for an "upcoming product". The new units look fantastic and being the same price as the units they replaced is a much welcomed bonus! I have just ordered two of the new units and I'm very much looking forward to receiving them in the near future. I've also just received the FDS SYS1X 128/256 interface card so the collection of goodies for the upgrade of my own B737 simulator has well and truly begun, I wonder if I'll ever get time to put it all together!!!

Cheers Peter, the new units look well worth the wait - great stuff!!!

Gwyn Perrett
www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

ETomlin

Gwyn,

Your're going to love the SYS cards. I have 2 of them and they are excellent.
Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Kennair

I'm a big fan of the OC hardware both for function and value but these new FDS CDU's have got me by the short n curly's!  I'm just in the process of purchasing the full blown Sim-A suite shortly followed by the all new CDU.  Can't wait.

Cheers,

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

jackpilot

All those who attended will confirm that it is a good choice!!! (both Sim A and CDU)

Jack

ian@737ng.co.uk

g'day chaps.......
back in blighty and just catching up on things.   
gwyn, let us know how you get on with the new sys boards.   i have a cunning plan  ;D
regards .... ian
FS9 - PMDG/Prosim737 - Pokeys - Lots of BU0836X and a BEER FRIDGE :D

Aerosim Solutions

Quote from: ian@737ng.co.uk on June 10, 2010, 07:55:54 AM
g'day chaps.......
back in blighty and just catching up on things.   
gwyn, let us know how you get on with the new sys boards.   i have a cunning plan  ;D
regards .... ian

Hi Ian,
I don't think I'll be rewiring for a while as I have to put the sim in storage again to rent out my 'spare' house. I will use the down time to install my new MIP, remake the console for the new FMCs and I'll probably build myself a new TQ aswell. I don't know when it will be operational again.
Your cunning plan will work good, BTW what is it? LOL.... I'm catching up mate, I bought the beer fridge last weekend!!!

Cheers, Gwyn
www.aerosimsolutions.com.au

Kennair

Ok you guys have a lot to answer for.  On the strength of all the news from the FDS openhouse and other developments of the 777 I bit the bullet and purchased the full DSTD+ Sim-A suite from FDS today.  After much consideration and testing of the demo I concluded that the systems and panel modeling is just so integral to any serious sim build that it warrants the expense.  I just wish I had have come to that conclusion at least 6 months earlier.  Ah well c'est la vie! 

Now to some serious flying!

Ken.

MLeavy737

Quote from: Kennair on June 15, 2010, 12:56:21 AM
Ok you guys have a lot to answer for.  On the strength of all the news from the FDS openhouse and other developments of the 777 I bit the bullet and purchased the full DSTD+ Sim-A suite from FDS today.  After much consideration and testing of the demo I concluded that the systems and panel modeling is just so integral to any serious sim build that it warrants the expense.  I just wish I had have come to that conclusion at least 6 months earlier.  Ah well c'est la vie! 

Now to some serious flying!

Ken.

Sweet! Thats a great way to get a head start so you can get to the serious flying sooner :)

Long story short, through a trade i now have one of the older 737 DTST trainers that im basically going to just drop in the shell and go. (something like that anyhow) Looking forward to seeing pics of that!

Mike Leavy
The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate