Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 01:56:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
23 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 25
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 23
Total: 23

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

CAD Drawing - UPDATE

Started by firstinflight, February 21, 2011, 01:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firstinflight

I spent some time putting together a CAD drawing of the 737 shell from all of the reference documentation i could find on the internet. It took quite some time but i think in the end it came out very useful because i built the shell based on that drawing and i think it came out as accurate as it did only because i put the drawing together.

After trying a couple of generations without an accurate model, i didnt want to attempt it a third time without one. The final result (i will post some pictures here soon) has come out to be within a inch of the real dimensions. Not bad for a hobby prototype.

I have posted an animation of that CAD drawing on my site www.simulationresearch.net. Its included inside one of the posts on my blog as well as a widget on the right sidebar.

It was built using Google's freeware Sketchup tool. If anyone is interested in having the drawing, please send me a private message. All you need to do is download the free version of Sketchup and use the SKB file i developed. You can also make minor modifications to the drawing if needed to accommodate your space constraints.

firstinflight

www.simulationresearch.net
FSX, Jetstream 737, Prosim737, Engravity CDUs, CPFlight, Active Sky 2012, Ground Environment, AI Traffic, UT Europe, PilotEdge, NThusim, Aerosoft Airports, Dreamteam airports

Emesis

Hi,

It says the video is private?

Cheers

firstinflight

Sorry folks.
I will fix it tomorrow morning. I too just noticed it.

firstinflight
FSX, Jetstream 737, Prosim737, Engravity CDUs, CPFlight, Active Sky 2012, Ground Environment, AI Traffic, UT Europe, PilotEdge, NThusim, Aerosoft Airports, Dreamteam airports

firstinflight

Its fixed now. The video should be viewable.

firstinflight

Ricardo Carvalho

Looks good but i have to tell you the two side windows are on the same plane, not on different planes, the top rim must be a strait line:

Hope it helps.

firstinflight

Yes. Thanks. I had fixed that in my copy. Its indeed on the same plane.

firstinflight

firstinflight

Here is a picture of my build.

i did shorten my length to a little less than standard to accomodate the ducting above.

firstinflight

ETomlin

Eric Tomlin
Flight Line Simulations
www.FlightLineSimulations.com (new site)
Integral Lighted Panels, Products, Consultation, & Suppliers

Flying_Fox

Quote from: firstinflight on February 21, 2011, 01:30:21 PM

It was built using Google's freeware Sketchup tool. If anyone is interested in having the drawing, please send me a private message. All you need to do is download the free version of Sketchup and use the SKB file i developed. You can also make minor modifications to the drawing if needed to accommodate your space constraints.

firstinflight

Hi firstinflight,

Looks really, really good! I am starting my 737 cockpit build and I am very interested in this drawing. I sent you private message a couple of days ago.

Thanks,
Nick

firstinflight

For all of you who sent me a PM, I will respond to you. Work has been very heavy over the past two weeks.

Another reason why i have held back from responding is because i wanted to fix that one glitch in my drawing that was pointed out in this forum. Should be able to do it in a day or so.

Thanks for your interest.

firstinflight

firstinflight

Drawing sent to all those who pm'd me.

firstinflight

tinker27

Hi I just pm you would love this file sorry im a bit late on this topic

regards

Neil

firstinflight

Have had a lot of people write to me about the drawing. I am sorry but I dont have the file anymore. Lost the file in a hard drive loss. The backup I have does not open in the current version of sketchup. I think its corrupted.

Its a pity because I had spent a lot of time putting it together.

Sorry...

CPJ

tugo31

Anybody who had the opportunity to get this file and want to share it with us please?

Thanks

Juan

tinker27

Now that's a good idea tugo31 something i didn't think about .

There must be a few who ?

tink

tugo31

tinker27

Awesome flying fox thanks you so much for that , that will help so many people like myself and others who aren't quite as clued up to do this , or wealthy enough to go and buy one from a manufacturer , Thank you friend your a star.

kind regards

Neil 

stephenbalmer

Thanks so much FlyingFox - perfect timing for me as I stand here with saw in hand!!

Steve

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate