Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 01:54:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
83 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 96
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 83
Total: 83

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Smart Sim Tech Product Announcement

Started by Tyler Reed, March 15, 2011, 04:42:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyler Reed

We are glad to announce that our input cards are finally here and the parts to put them together arrived in the mail today, so they will be ready for sale here in a few short days.  We have 2 models of the 30 input cards, Revision 1 has screw down terminals and ribbon headers and Revision 2 just has ribbon headers.  As for the cost, Rev 1 goes for $65.00 and Rev 2 goes for $55.00.  We have placed a pre-order on our website for those that wish to get them right away.  We are also still selling the beta boards that are just ribbon inputs for $40.00 till the end of this month.

For all those that have never heard of Smart Sim Tech, we are a small business in western New York that consists of 2 people, Robert Reed and me Tyler Reed (no relation).  Bob has been very active in the flight sim world for many years and I have been helping Bob out with his sim stuff for about the last 3 years.  Bob and I formed this company about 2 years ago when we came up with some better ideas for interface cards and after a lot of research and trial and error we are stepping closer and closer to a full product line.  The basis for our products was going to be geared 2 goals, the first goal is the cost, we know that there are a lot of expensive parts that go into the sim, we believe that the interface boards should not be the most expensive part.  As for the second goal, we wanted to make a software interface that did not require anyone to have to go out and learn an entire programming language, something that would be easy for everyone to use.

Even though we only have this one official board out now Bob and I have been working non stop on many other boards, just to name off a few we have beta cards for 7 segment encoders, rotary encoders, 64 analog input cards, 30 led output cards, 30 output cards, 12 bit analog to digital input cards, central backlight controllers, air core steppers, and much more with plans to continue building more and more interface cards.  Our goal is to even come up with some "generic" cards like a generic radio interface card that would have analog inputs, 7 segments, rotary encoders, and outputs.

So please take a look at our website, we are updating it all the time, http://www.smartsimtech.com.

I will post an update on here when the finished cards are no longer in presale.  Also that will mark the day for when we start the free giveaway raffle.  Because we know that placing your trust in a new company is hard we want to give away 5 of our 30 analog input cards and have you, the simmers give it a go.  We will have more info on that in the next few days along with all the terms and stuff posted on our website with the entry form.
- Tyler Reed

727737Nut

Great news Tyler! How about a DAC! A simple 0-5Vdc low power output. Less than 100mA
737 Junkie

Tyler Reed

Hello 727737Nut,
We have had a few talks about creating some DAC devices to control analog gauges.  It is just one of the many boards that we still need to design. 

Thank you for the input, I will keep everyone updated on our progress of what we are working on.
- Tyler Reed

Kennair

Congratulation Tyler they look like great value.  Having Bob involved too gives it great cred as he's certainly a long standing and respected member of the home builder community. 

The software controlling these cards will of course be as equally important to their success so I look forward to seeing what this offers.

Regards,

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate