Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 18, 2024, 08:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
42 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 51
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 42
Total: 43

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Mini wireless keyboard with trackball

Started by Maurice, March 08, 2011, 03:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maurice

Too bad the keys are not lighted otherwise it would have been perfect for the cockpit. Still very handy though.

http://usb.brando.com/lenovo-mini-wireless-keyboard-n5901_p01458c034d15.html

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Trevor Hale

This is a very neat item...  I agree, if it were lighted, it would be even neater. I wonder where one could put something like this. in a GA cockpit LOL

think think think  :idiot:
Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

carlos hermida

I am using one  from logitech called diNovo Mini since one month. It is very slim and have backlight. It is doing  the job great for all PC's, take a look on the link below for more details.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/3848

Maurice

Quote from: carlos hermida on March 08, 2011, 05:05:27 PM
    I am using one  from logitech called diNovo Mini since one month. It is very slim and have backlight. It is doing  the job great for all PC's, take a look on the link below for more details.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/keyboards/keyboard/devices/3848

That's even better. Wish I had seen it before. Price a little steep for a keyboard but probably well worth it. As Trevor said...think...think...think. There always seems to be someone eager to help separate you from your money in this hobby ;D

Thanks,

Maurice

jskibo

DiNovo is great and long battery life.  I use it for the bedroom HTPC.

Shop around, got mine for half of list from a Dell sale and coupon.
Less than 4 years to retirement......

saabpilot

Me too have a DiNovo mini. 
Only back-draw is the little too short back light period after which you have to push a button again if you are not done with the task, but quality is great and size perfect.   :D

Bjorn
Fly Safe - Low and slow
There are Young Pilots there are Bold Pilots but no Bold and Old Pilots.

Maurice

Here is another one priced much more reasonably I think:
http://www.sitouch.com/index.html

Maurice

Edit: The function keys only go to F8 so that could be a problem if you need more function keys

Nat Crea

I bought the exact one Mau posted above.
Very compact and cool...takes time to get used to, but sits great on the pedestal.

Nat

CeeGee

Thanks Maurice - that is just what we needed. At last I can get away from the Navigator's table, brilliant, and we can throw the cordless mouse away. Thanks again, Charlie.
First Jet Airliner flies again

CeeGee

It arrived today and is exactly what we needed. It goes on the left of the cockpit by the P1's armrest. Brilliant, thanks Mau.
Also Mau, we too had a visit last week. Our Comet was scrapped in 1997 when we took possession of the front end. It flew around the world in 1991 doing radio trials for the A&AEE department at Boscombe Down and the pilot who flew her on that epic trip, was Group Captain Roger Beazley. He flew her again last week and was most impressed. It was a great visit and we learned TONS about the Comet including getting his original checklists. Man, what a day for us. Thanks Roger, epic!!  :) The 2nd pic is our pit in Iceland as part of the round the world trip, hmmmm, I feel a re-create moment coming on.
Charlie.

Maurice

Wow! Must have been a thrill talking to one of the pilots of this beauty and getting inside information about its operation. And I bet it also brought back nice memories for that captain.

How did he find out you converted it to a simulator? Did you look for him or did he look for you?  :)

Maurice

CeeGee

He came looking, although we are registered on the offical "disposed of" aircraft site in the UK, then he went to our website. We have had visit requests from ex-BOAC passengers, Aircrew and from military pilots for its latter years.
It was a unique visit and he told us that the Comet had a gearshift at about 180 kts - a button rather than a stick. Lord knows how I am going to write in that one, but I have a cunning plan.......... Will keep you posted. Thanks for your interest Mau, he was a unique visitor [still flying] and in the pecking order of British Aviation Officials, he is second only to Lord God Almighty - we felt very humble! Charlie.

DaveK

charlie that looks very small in your hand. Is it functional? as in can you hit one letter at a time with one finger?

CeeGee

Yup, I was worried about the buttons Dave, but they are all raised and backlit - no dramas yet but I have artistic fingers apparently!! It is wireless with a battery that is charged via USB - we will have to run another cable forward as it will be a permanent fixture. As Mau said, it takes a bit of getting used to, but we are pleased with it. Not so pleased with the import duty, but we all know about that little drama. Charlie.

Maurice

Quote from: CeeGee on May 12, 2011, 03:37:02 PM
We have had visit requests from ex-BOAC passengers, Aircrew and from military pilots for its latter years.

Once you are an aviation nut, it apparently stays in your blood until your last breath. Why else would ex-BOAC passengers want to see the plane after it was cut up. Whoever these people were, I'm sure they weren't the types that hate or have no interest in aviation... I mean the sane people  :)

Maurice

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate