Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 24, 2024, 02:12:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
125 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 100
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125
Total: 125

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

leo bodnard input board question

Started by raygun, April 01, 2013, 11:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raygun

Hello All
I am new to this forum and am in the process of building a generic twin engine cockpit. I am using FSX and a number of other scenery addons, mostly photo scenery. I have a network that runs fx on the server (a quad core vista machine and the client is an old XP machine that I run REX and Plan G from).
I want to make a panel to use a set of knobs to control the vor from the cockpit as well as set various other actions like the brakes and Idents etc. I was going to get the Leo Bodnar BU0836x board to connect it all up, my issue is that I am not sure what knobs I need to adjust the VOR/ OBS. I have seen some that are rotary encoders and some that are knobs inside knobs.These look like the type to set the radios, but I don't want to buy something that I will not be able to use.
Has anyone made something similar that they could give me some details of please?
I am happy to solder the lot together etc but I am just not sure what I need to ensure the control over the VOR is suitable. The dea is that I will fit the panel in between my main instrument dispays and then be able to control things without resorting to the Mouse.

Any assistance would be greatly received.

Regards
Raygun

Sean

Hello Ray? (or Raygun)!

Welcome to the forums.

Have you come across Ian Sissons yet? He is the master of DIY cockpits and Leo Bodnar cards in-particular.

Have a good look at his website, if you have any questions, email him, he's a great chap, always willing to help. Even arrange a visit to see his setup. He actively welcomes visitors (I've been twice). He's in Wales, so not that far from you.

http://www.737ng.co.uk

He's also a member here.

Sean

raygun

Hi Sean

First of all thanks for the reply, and secondly I will have a look at his site and drop him a line.

I am only really getting started at the moment and although I have a generic twin setup I want to add some greater level of ability to the way I run it, rather than have everything done using a mouse or key stroke.

Thanks again and if I can I will tyr to sort out a visit to Ian

Regards

Tony

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate