Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:32:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
118 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,640
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 139
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 118
Total: 118

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

My chance to enter a real B738 cockpit for the first time....

Started by Nick1150, September 07, 2013, 08:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick1150

Hi to all,

This year I will visit FSweekend 2013 and for the first time I've booked tickets with KLM instead of AEGEAN or OLYMPIC airlines that I am usually flying with. I live in Athens, Greece and my flight will be direct from Athens to Amsterdam and back again after FSweekend ends.

As many know, Europe is full of buses and Boeings are used by few, and KLM is one of those companies that use 'my plane', that is a Boeing 737-800. It happens that this year, 2013, I have managed to finish my cockpit and I can say that my cockpit now is a full 737-800 cockpit, but I have never entered a real B738 cockpit before!

The backside story is that my best friend and buddy since we were 2 y.o. Is an real airliner pilot, currently flying A340 at Qatar Airways, with whome I have been lucky enough to fly together in cockpits like A319, A320 and A340, and I have experienced all procedures of a flight, like T/Os , landings, taxi, push back, clearance, etc, so I know the inside of an Airbus but have never felt how it is on a Boeing.

As you can understand, it would be a great chance for me to enter the real thing for the first time and eventhough I know its not allowed I am struggling to find a way to be able to stay inside for a while and prefferably feel the bumps during landing or T/O... It would be a great experience for me, which I could then apply to my project.

So I am open to any suggestions (sex is obviously out of the way  :P  , I am married with two kids  :-[  hahaha ) in order to persuade the pilot to allow me inside his cockpit. Possibly real pilots in here can advise me how it is best to manage such a situation in delicate manner...

Thanks in advance,

Nick

Nick

Boeing 737 NG home cockpit builder in Athens, Greece

rhysb

in Europe its a strict no no and the pilot is risking his licence by letting a member of the public into the cockpit. Only way is prior pre approval by the airline and regulatory bodies. Again if you have no business other than wanting to look at the cockpit you will not be allowed access this way either.

I would suggest after landing when the plane is being alighted you ask if you can pop in quickly!

PS: sorry to be picky but KLM operate the 737-900  ;)

Rhys B
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

Sean

KLM operate the -700, -800 and -900. The -800 is the most prolific of their 737 fleet.

KLM are one of the few airlines that still allow people onto the flight deck during take off and landing (or at least were when I flew them to the show last year).

I'll be arriving in AMS this year on a -700 from Newcastle. The best thing to do is take a photo of your sim with you and ask the flight attendants to show the crew. This can be a bit hit and miss as it's a busy time and a lot depends on the person you ask. Better still, if you can get to the gate really early, you may see the flight crew boarding and ask them directly. You've nothing to lose really. If you can't make the take off, try and get your picture seen during the flight and you may get a chance of the landing.

Nick1150

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies and advices  :idiot:

Will try and revert after FSweekend  ;)

As you say Sean, what do I have to lose ?
Nick

Flying_Fox

Hey Nick,

Nothing to lose if you try.  ;)

In 1999 I spent the whole flight Halifax-Boston in the cockpit of Dash-8.  Thanks to the friend from our glider club who also was Air Canada pilot.

Made a few  pictures then:

http://www.airliners.net/photo//0066694/&sid=38ea9fcb96ec9a9899e285d25d725560

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Nova/De-Havilland-Canada/0067069/&sid=f25798dfe23c3a36f764582249cca3d5

Nick

Nick1150

Thanks Nick,

Will do that  :idiot:

Give my regards to your wife, hope to see you soon again in our place  :)
Nick

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate