Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:54:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
107 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 121
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 107
Total: 107

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Helicopter TOT gauge

Started by Reco, August 17, 2022, 11:35:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reco

Hi all

I'm looking for a TOT gauge with  analogue needle and digital read out to add to my instrument panel of my MD500e Simulator.
I have asked around other forums but just wondering if anyone here could help

Best regards

Rhys

ame

Can you 3D print one?

If you can find a picture you can copy or recreate the decal, and install it into a stepper- or servo-driven simulator gauge.

What system are you using for your other gauges?

Reco

Hi ame

Thanks for the suggestion. My screen setup is lcd monitor so I'm looking for a software gauge

Regards

Rhys

ame

Ok. What software are you using for your other gauges?

Surely it's a simple matter of adding a picture of the decal and configuring an indicator needle using the data source of the TOT reading?

Reco

Hi ame

I'm using just default gauges I don't have any knowledge of c++ OR XML to know where to start to make the gauge

Regards

Rhys

ame

Ok. Is there a tutorial or reference page online for your existing gauges? If there are some basic instructions for adding a gauge maybe I (or someone) can help you through them?

Reco

Hi

All the gauges I'm using are default hence wonder if there was a gauge out there I could swap out

Cheers

Rhys

ame

Ok. What simulator software are you running? Are the gauges part of that software, or provided by other software?

Reco

Hi

I'm running fsx se so the gauges I'm using are all default

Cheers

Rhys

Joe Lavery

Rhys, have a look at Air Manager:

https://www.siminnovations.com/

With their system you can define your own gauges, as long as you have an image of what you need. There's also a massive collection of free ones that may be just what you need.

I imagine the gauge attached is something like the one you need. this one is the inlet temp.

Worth a look?
Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

Reco

Hi Joe

Thank you definitely worth a look

Cheers

Rhys

Reco

Hi all

Found the inlet temp gauge from the dash 8 with digital read out as well as analogue needle but of course doesn't work in the helicopter.
 Not sure if there is a  way to convert it from itt to tot

I did replace the torque gauge from the dash 8 which has analogue and digital which works really well and nice having the digital read out

Rhys

navymustang

A terrible thing with MANY helos in P3D is the developer faked many of the gauges on the panel. So you can't always rely on the TOT or N1 or N2 or EGT and such to be real numbers that are updating the LVARs of the model.  SO even if you display the TOT LVAR, it may be a faked number.
My 737-800 full-scale cockpit has been sold. Now onto my full-size military helicopter project. An AOPA member and LifeTime member of National Association of Flight Instructors. Please note that I am a self-employed professional cockpit builder that provides consulting to defense contractors and civilian schools and airlines.

Reco

Thanks

Yeah I presumed that they don't really give a accurate reading.
It's more cosmetic look for the panel

Rhys

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate