Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 15, 2024, 09:28:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
728 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 728
Total: 728

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

deHavilland Beaver Sim buil

Started by bushman, March 22, 2011, 07:00:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushman

Hello every one:

Just wanted to show what I have busy in the hanger, finally getting a chance this winter building the flight sim of the beaver from front firewall to rear cargo section. Just some quick pics taken this past weekend. Have the skeleton frame just about done and will paint  the frame before skinning. The front birdcage is from a real beaver and also acquired 4 beaver seats rudder pedals and a control wheel. Really enjoying this, have learned a lot on the beaver and marvel how it was built without the aids of computers , autocads and CNC machines. Our avaition fore fathers did some awesome stuff.

Trevor Hale

Fantastic work.  You must be very proud.

Trevor Hale

Owner
http://www.cockpitbuilders.com

Director of Operations
Worldflight Team USA
http://www.worldflightusa.com

VATSIM:

Maurice

That looks more like a homebuilt aircraft project than a simulator. I think you should continue with the rest of aircraft and fly it for real. I just love that Beaver  :)

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

jskibo

Quote from: maurice on March 22, 2011, 01:48:12 PM
. I just love that Beaver  :)

Maurice

Me too!

....and the plane looks nice as well!  :)
Less than 4 years to retirement......

Maurice

Quote from: jskibo on March 22, 2011, 03:13:24 PM
Quote from: maurice on March 22, 2011, 01:48:12 PM
. I just love that Beaver  :)

Maurice

Me too!

....and the plane looks nice as well!  :)

You sir need to get your mind out of the gutter  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

Drewsta

Heya Bushman, nice build my friend. I fly the Amphib beaver most days and the Amphib caravan here in the whitsundays. We have 3 Dhc-2's and an engineering department. Any pics, parts and things like that you need, give me a holler and I'll see what i can do. I certainly can't promise you any parts...but you just never know what I could find lying around up in that hangar.

cheers
Drew

bushman

Thanks everyone for your kind words. Really enjoying this build like I said. I will be updating shortly on the fitting of some inside pieces. I wish I was retired now would certainly have more time to spend on it or maybe not. They say you are twice as busy when you retire that you wonder were you found the time to go to work :huh: Lately I have been spending time at the local airbase watching and gathering info and pics on a recently purchased Beaver receiving a 800 hr. inspection. Removed wings and all. The build on the 3 lever TQ is complete as well as the rudder pedals. The building for the single throw-over control column is what I am busy at  present. I will be contacting Gwyn at Areosims Solutions for help on the upper control arm of the assembly. Have had some comments from people that it looks like a homebuilt  to really fly and if I had the room for the 48' wing span it just might.  8)

For now everyone take care.

Rob

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate