Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 04:06:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
698 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 762
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 698
Total: 698

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Opencockpits EFIS installation

Started by anatoliy, July 26, 2011, 12:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anatoliy

Hi all

I just got my opencockpits EFIS and trying to get it going with prosim737, and i have no idea how to set it up, opencockpits manual is no help at all, and it is not plug and play like they advertise on the site. I installed SOIC software and plug in the EFIS and it shows up in upper right screen like this : IDX=* -IOCard-Efis  -Device=7
and thas as far as i got lol... If anyone knows how to set this thing up Please let me know

Thanks
Tony

Bob Reed

If it is Sioc driven, you need the code that drives it.

anatoliy

Can i run it some other way not via SIOC?  How do i find the codes?

Thanks
Tony

Joe Lavery

Hi Tony,

I don't use ProSim but having looked at the manual it works much the same as many other hardware options. You have to configure the software to send the correct data to the EFIS.

In ProSim the open cockpits EFIS is controlled by theMCP module, you would configure this via the Configuration Window: the text below is from the manual, page 19.

Configuration of the IO Elements is done through the configuration window, which can be
opened from the file menu. In the configuration window, every type of IO Element has its own
tab. There are some variations in configurations between IO Element types, but in general you'll
find the name of the IO Element in the first column, you select the board to connect to in the
second column and you finally set the port or address on this board in the third column.
Before configuring the IO Elements, it's important to make sure you have checked all the
hardware options in the "Drivers" tab that you intend to use. Prosim will then know what to fill in
the board selection dropdown menus.

If you're still in trouble drop Ian Sissons a mail, I believe he is using the ProSim software. Also you may get a bit more info on the ProSim forum.  ;)

Joe.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain

Journalist - writer for  PC Pilot Magazine

fordgt40

Tony

You have the answers you need on the other forum where you also posted

David

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate