Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 03:55:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
133 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 148
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 133
Total: 133

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Garmin G1000 pushbuttons

Started by Lizz, August 08, 2011, 03:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lizz

Hi all,

I am currently searching for pushbuttons for the Garmin G1000 set. I have read about people on forums about these buttons but I didn't find a good source yet.
For the rotary knobs I contacted a Garmin service center here in the Netherlands and they possibly could sell me a set of orginal Garmin knobs. they want come cheap, I saw a number of around 170 pound or so somewhere else on a forum, but they are original!
I contacted a switch company here in Europe who already did some work on simulator parts (I think it are PFC parts...) and asked them if they would be able to make a complete engraved set of pushbutton lenses for the G1000. They were not unwilling I had the impression but I have no clue on the prices yet.
Of course the price will go down the more you order. The complete G1000 set incl. Keypad and Audio Control Panel comprises 125 buttons.

Are there any people here on this forum who would be interested in such a set of buttons?
Maybe (if they would do it in the first place) I can get a better price for e.g. 5 sets i.s.o one!

regards,

Lizz

jackpilot

Jack

Lizz

Hi Jack,

Thanks but that link is to learjet G1000 panels. they are completely different to the Garmin G1000 models unfortunately.

But the manufacturer just informed me that they will not do it due to minimum ordering quantities.
The search continues..............

vcimmino

Yes... the Honeywell Primus 1000 is a whole different thing than Garmin G1000. But I love the G1000 and I already had some plans in my mind and more important a bunch of referenced information about sizes to make complete G1000 MFD and Audio panels replica in a near future. They will have replicated knobs and buttons too, as much close as possible to the real ones, and all of this at a resonable price against the G1000 you can actually find around. At 6-8K Euros for a full set those are impossible to be even just dreamed for most people.

This means that also knobs and buttons set might be available for those that want to do their way. I might show a couple knob prototypes shortly, other job in queue permitting.

jackpilot

Jack

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate