Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:33:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
358 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 407
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 358
Total: 358

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

Dual Radios

Started by when acting as a wave, October 18, 2009, 01:04:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

when acting as a wave

Howdy all

Thought I'd introduce another of our products: Dual Radios

This USB connected unit has two 5-digit 7segment LED displays to enable a wide range of radio configurations. Com1&2 and Standby, Nav1&2 and Standby, ADF1&2, and Transponder are available. Active/Standby with Transfer Button is configurable also. 5 Rotary Encoder inputs allow four to be used with the radios, and the fifth to be used with any other applicable function (e.g. for setting the QNH). They're supplied with either a Boeing-type faceplate or a Collins-type, and a comprehensive but simple to use configuration program is also supplied.

The above photo shows a typical configuration. Ribbon cables are supplied at a standard length of 250mm each. 5 Rotary Encoders supplied, but if you wish to use dual-concentric types, you will need to purchase them separately.

The retro-fitting of Optical Rotary Encoders is fully supported.

Various radio configurations may be set up. Some typical examples:

* COM1 and NAV1 using one display and two encoders each.
    * NAV1 standby using one display and two encoders, and NAV2 active using one display with no encoders, but with a 'transfer' button connected on one of the switch inputs.
    * NAV1 using one display and two encoders, and Transponder using one display and two encoders.
    * Transponder using one display and four encoders.

Two separate layout options are available to choose from. Basic faceplates (unpainted) are available with milled cutouts for the displays. This allows for easy customisation of various aircraft radio types. Smoky grey acrylic to fit over the displays is included with the faceplate. (See below)

The acrylic faceplates are easy to drill for the fitting of switches and encoders, and can be drilled and tapped for screwing the display in place. We recommend M3 or 1/8" screws.

This screenshot shows the supplied configuration software.

Next is a screenshot of the application software running. It starts minimised on the screen but may be expanded for viewing purposes. As shown here, one encoder will alter the digits of COM1, and another will alter the decimals of COM1. Likewise for COM2. The fifth encoder is being used to set the autopilot altitude.

Specifications

-    USB Connection
-    Computer Power Supply Connection
-    Five 3-way terminal blocks for rotary encoders (mechanical or optical)
-    One 3-way terminal block for connecting two pushbuttons or switches
-    Jumpers to select number of decimal places in display
-    Sockets and cables for interconnecting the PCBs
-    All Configuration and Application software is supplied
-    Five Rotary Encoders (mechanical)
-    Acrylic faceplate panel with two smoky grey display faces
-    Power supply required: +5VDC

Price:

Dual Radios(DR5E) with Boeing or Collins style panel   US$372-00

Freight: US$22-00

These can be purchased from our website at http://www.ruscool.co.nz/dual_rad.html although if anybody here is interested in doing so, send me an email first mentioning that you saw it here on cockpitbuilders.com and we'll give a 5% discount on the combined cost of the product plus the freight.

If anybody has any further questions, please let me know.

Regards,
Dean.
Ruscool Electronics Limited
Manufacturer of backlit panels and other parts
Ruscool Blog

warvet

Dean and any other suppliers or people operating commercially, I think its fantastic that you are willing to share with the community your products, however its incredibly annoying that you post every single spec about how awesome your products are except the price. Please in the future display the product price clearly including any shipping or taxes info for the builders. Additionally it would be nice to make a small appreciation to cockpitbuildrs for allowig the display of your products to put a special price if the buyer mentions they saw it in the forum here. For example normally its $25.99 but for builders who mention they saw it in the forum its $23.99 etc this sort of idea. Because you do have to admit its a pretty good deal for you suppliers to get free advertising to your target market for FREE. JMO. But i for one would in future appreciate seeing prices displayed on products and im talking to all suppliers here not just dean. I think is great you suppliers take the time to create these great products but please make it easy for us to buy them.

Thanks JMO

Tim
A340
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

when acting as a wave

Hi there Tim

Point taken, absolutely. I'll edit my posts with regard all products I've listed so far to include full details and the prices, and I'll update the freight situation on all of them tomorrow (it's one o'clock in the morning down here and I need to discuss this with the appropriate person) ...

Also, I can't see any problem with having CockpitBuilders referred to and promoted on our website (for exactly the reasons you stated) it's just that our site is currently managed by a third party and not directly controlled by us. I shall be recommending this to my father (the company owner) as I'm sure he'd have no problem with doing it either, and he directly liases with our website helper (see, I don't even know his proper title!) ... If we knew how to run that side of things ourselves, we would ...

As a way of perhaps defending myself here (not that I feel personally targeted; just can't think of a better word as I'm thesaurusly-challenged), I'd just like to point out that a couple of days ago I inserted a link back to this forum from our blog, which is something that I do have control over, because as an advertiser (and an extremely grateful one too) we obviously want this great community to thrive as well ... so I'm not all bad  :)   

And the last thing we want to do is frustrate potential customers!

EDIT: All previous posts regarding our products have have now been expanded as suggested

Regards,
Dean.
Ruscool Electronics Limited
Manufacturer of backlit panels and other parts
Ruscool Blog

warvet

Awesome Dean,
Your product looks stellar. I just feel that Trevor has put a tremendous effort and financial commitment into our enjoyment and pleasure (same thing lol) and want to see it flourish and get the respect and benefits that the other major sites have received in days gone by. And of course products such as yours are a most welcome addition to doing that. Please note i dio not in anyway speak for Trevor nor is anything Im saying at trevors's request. however as a person whos been at a fairly good forefront vantage point in this hobby for a decade + and having been given the esteemed post of securing the forums security and well being, I just felt it was an important step in making this the best damn forum on the net :) for sims. Thank you again Dean , for presenting such agreat product and wll worded reply.

regards
Tim
A340
"Want Some,Get Some, Bad Enough Take Some!:D "

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate