Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:16:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
341 Guests, 0 Users
Members
  • Total Members: 4,154
  • Latest: xyligo
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 492
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 341
Total: 341

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

In need of some help with 777 glare!

Started by pebo, September 28, 2012, 11:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pebo

Are looking for the angle between these two surfaces on top of the Boeing 777 glare?

Appears from the information I have been able to find that the front triangle surface on the top of the glare that's ending up in the front widows is tilted at some degrees upwards?

Or is it more or less horizontal as on the 737?

Asking as we are in the process of starting to enclose the 777 cockpit we are building (http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=2299.msg17529#msg17529), starting with the front windows.
Grounded

pebo

"Dump"

Is there no one on this forum who has a clue? Or, able to give me a hint to if it is tilting upwards or horizontal?

Asking cause getting the angle of the windows wrong would have consequences for the rest of the building of the shell  :'(

Here in Norway there are very few 777 visiting, if any. Therefor through of some better luck here on the forum as I would think someone must have some clue or access to the real thing?

Per
Grounded

jackpilot

Not sure this answers your question but:
MIP and glaretop are at a 90° angle
So if the MIP is tilted 15°vs vertical, the glaretop is tilted 15° vs Horizontal.
It is not horizontal in the 737 but tited the same way.
Jack

Jack

Kennair

Hi Per,  sorry about the silence.  MIP angle is about 20 degrees from vertical and as Jack says, glareshield is at right angles to the MIP resulting in a similar 20 degree tilt to the glare.  That triangle piece touching the windscreens is pretty much flat I seem to recall.  Funny how you don't take such close notice of these things but pretty sure its flat.  I'll check when next in the FDS 777.

Ken.
Intel i73770K | 16Gb RAM | GTX680 | Win7-64 | TH2GO | 3 x 42" FHD LCD TV's | FDS CDU | OC MCP, EFIS, COMMS | Aerosim Throttle | Sim-Avionics DSTD+ | FSX P3D XP10 | FTX | FSGRW | REX2E | Aivlasoft EFB| PFPX | FTG |Kennair

pebo

Tank you for the input to you both!

One of those details that one does not give many troughs before one needs them  ;D

The drawing under might give a better "description" of what I am looking for.

Have been looking at a lot of pictures found on the net, all taken from an angle that makes it hard to figure the angle I am looking for.
From the pictures it looks to me that it is angled slightly upwards (my guess 10 degree upwards), but then again I might be wrong  :( on the 737 I think it is horizontal (0 degree) but that the 777 is a little different?

My thought is that 10 degree wrong on this detail, starting building on the shell with the windows first, can make the rest of the shell look all wrong to.

Looking forward for any input, trying to solve my dilemma!

Per
Grounded

rhysb

Is flat, and if its not flat it's as good as, many times I have thrown paperwork or a coffee cup on it and its flat :)
One wheel landings, tail scrapes... just doing my best!!
737 classic sim. Xplane 10 64bit on 3 i5 pc's. FDS IBL overhead, FDS CDU's & CCU's, Simvionics Panels, CP Flight MCP/EFIS, engravity & homemade MIP, prosim737, project magenta, GLB interior panels.

pebo

Thank you Rhys! Flat it will be then   ;D

Per
Grounded

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate