Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:40:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
13 Guests, 1 User
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,639
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 142
  • Online ever: 582
  • (January 22, 2020, 08:44:01 AM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 13
Total: 14

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

737 Wipers

Started by jackpilot, October 01, 2012, 05:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueskydriver

Nat, thank you, but I'd like to pass my award to Maurice, as he took his sim apart for what he called "rewire", of course we all know he has gone over the edge, yet he is soooooo goooood at showing otherwise. Therefore, Maurice gets the award from me... However, I will claim 3rd place because I know there are others who would out do me easily! Uhm, clears throat...Scott, Jack, Nat, Nic, Simlady (for putting up with me), and the best of all is none other then Mike Leavey! Yes, Mike is a real pilot, who flies the real thing, but loves hanging out with us crazies! So, I vote for Mike or at least that he gets the "Best Non-Straight Jacket Crazy Award".

@Axel

Well, we try to be normal folk, but as you can see we can't ever get there. Yet, what is really normal anyway? Alright, alright, wrong question, how about what is abnormal? Uhhh, that be Karen and myself, but we're happy with what we do, and I believe if we keep at it, our house will soon fly, as we have so many aviation related items in it.

John

| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

vidarf

Quote from: nicd on October 21, 2012, 01:54:58 AM
I want Maurice to get his wipers going and set it up to spray water on the windshield to simulate rain.

Then he'll need to move his computers to the back of the sim again  ;D

That's not funny, man! I actually thought of that! :/

:D

Maurice

Quote from: blueskydriver on October 21, 2012, 02:49:54 AM
Nat, thank you, but I'd like to pass my award to Maurice, as he took his sim apart for what he called "rewire", of course we all know he has gone over the edge, yet he is soooooo goooood at showing otherwise. Therefore, Maurice gets the award from me...

Well John, I could go on forever debating my sanity and everyone else's lack of it, but the sad truth is that you may be partially right. If I was truly sane, now that the thing is in pieces, I would put all the parts up for sale on Ebay and take this white elephant off my back once & for all.

And believe me, that very thought has come to mind many, many, many times since I dismantled my sim. The main thing holding me back is trying to figure out what else to do with my free time since I am retired. I do have other interests but none as time consuming as this one. Besides that, my wife is worried that I'll get on her nerves if I am around her too much  ::) . On the other hand, she is also worried about what she would do with this thing should I croak before she does, so she may encourage me to part with it sometime soon. Who knows?  ;D

Maurice
Gravenhurst, Ontario - Canada

blueskydriver

Maurice,

You're exactly right. I would say sell it and find something less stressful. Although, I would say not too do that either. However, since it is apart, it would be easier to sell it, in fact you could sell it pretty quick with so many new people joining CB everyday.

What could you do instead of simulating flying? How about train sets? Or, how about just doing ATC on VatSim? Before you say no, all you have to do is learn how and you could be an ATC controller to your hearts content. The kicker is this, just replace the cockpit for a replica ATC tower and use your curved screen and projectors. You would not need all the FPS in a tower, and you could do ATC night or day.

The funny thing is, I have the same issues with my RC planes. I have nearly 50 planes, a trailer for 12 to go in, and our whole family room is all RC planes everywhere. I keep saying I am going to sell them, but it is so hard to let them go. I haven't flown them in 3 years, but I hold on to the thought I might next year. Plus, being a whole 47 years old, I ask myself how long do I wait? I know I am not that old, but folks in wheelchairs rarely live a normal long life span. So, I keep going back and forth about the whole idea.

Thus, I do feel your pain sort of, but I know it's not the same. Still, is there anyone nearby that could take over your sim and keep you in the loop just for flying it. Like a lease of your sim, but you retain ownership. I know that sounds crazy, but at least you wouldn't have to go for broke and you would still have that urge too fly fulfilled...

By the way, my neighbor's house is still for sale, so you could always move like I said before. However, your wife might feel left out with Karen being like you and I...sim nuts.

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

XOrionFE

Maurice,  why don't you just let it sit in pieces for a month until the snow is falling and enjoy that gorgeous landscape you live in.   Don't you do any fishing?  That is a fisherman's paradise!   Or perhaps pick up a musical instrument to learn.   In between cockpit building I play the drums.  Whenever I get frustrated I just go in the other room and fire up some music from my favorite bands, Rush, Led Zepplin, The Police, etc and get behind my kit and zone out while playing to the music.   

Don't sell because in the end you will miss it and regret it.

Scott

blueskydriver

Hey Scott,

Post some pics of your kit...I was a drummer pre wheelchair and I will post pics of mine. How about we start another thread called CB other hobbies? I think that would be a hoot...

John

Ps I will start it.

Maurice

John,

It would be fun but 'slightly' insane to have you as a neighbour. I don't think Wisconsin would allow that and we would sure be under the watchful eye of the local homeland security offices.

You say you own 50 RC planes and a trailer waiting for some more plus a 737 sim and who knows what else & you think I deserve the insanity prize?? I'm afraid I'm not even in the same league as you but you'd better watch out or you might end up in the next episode of Hoarders.  ;D

Scott & John,

I have already started re-building and amazingly enough, I am finding it almost therapeutic (for now anyway). There were a whole pile of things I did not like in my sim since it took me years to build it and every addition/modification created more of a mess.

So now, starting again almost from scratch, I am taking my time and trying to do it right this time and this does give me quite a bit of satisfaction ...until it is time to power it up and nothing works right. That's when the sim will really be up for sale.  :)

All joking aside, I intend to finish the re-build and see if the love affair is re-kindled or if it is just another short fling and/or a love/hate relationship. I'm just getting too old to put up with anything that aggravates me more than it pleases me, so time will tell where my head will be at in a few weeks. I don't even know where it is from day to day.  :)

Maurice

blueskydriver

Maurice,

I like Scott's idea; how about a vacation not from the hobby, but from your pit? How about you come visit Karen and I for a day or two? Then, go visit Scott or we both go to Scott's? Yes Scott, I jus invited us too your house, but that's what I do, and you know me enough already, just wait till we meet in person...oh boy. Same goes for you Maurice.

John

Edit: Maurice your post came in a few seconds before mine, so keep on reworking that sim. At the same time, what I said above still stands. Come visit us and we go to Scott's place...

Maurice

Quote from: blueskydriver on October 21, 2012, 06:33:12 PM
Maurice,

I like Scott's idea; how about a vacation not from the hobby, but from your pit? How about you come visit Karen and I for a day or two?

I will definitely do that next Spring. Right now, I'm just too busy and doing the trip in Winter is not an option for obvious reasons  :) I just hope the FBI/CIA do not find out  ;D

Maurice

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate