Welcome to Cockpitbuilders.com. Please login or sign up.

May 16, 2024, 04:43:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PROUDLY ENDORSING

Fly Elise-ng
751 Guests, 0 Users
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 59,641
  • Total Topics: 7,853
  • Online today: 753
  • Online ever: 831
  • (May 03, 2024, 12:39:25 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 751
Total: 751

COUNTDOWN TO WF2022

WORLDFLIGHT TEAM USA

Will Depart in...

Recent

Welcome

revolution sim throttle

Started by cestlavie2010, October 21, 2012, 01:24:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cestlavie2010

anyone using revolutio sim motorized throttle ?

Mine two levers are moving most of the time constantly every second moving up/down/up/down....driving me nuts..... it can be left one or right one or both...

is this normal when flying at autopilot ?

see video

http://imageshack.us/clip/my-videos/805/zyzaszfxhzmytgqwvyoiji.mp4/

Remco

nicd

wow.. I think you may need an exorcist there!  :)

I haven't had mine going for a while (different brand TQ and using SIOC code) but it did similar things. We programmed a change delay into the code so the logic was:

IF there is an autothrottle change THEN test to see how long since the last change
IF that that time is less then X seconds THEN do not move the throttle servos
ELSE IF that time is equal to or more than X seconds then move the throttle servos

X seconds can be whatever works best. think we had it set to about 2 seconds. Result is that only significant autothrottle moves happen and the twitching goes.

I'll see if I can dig up the code. I think we did it in SIOC, but could have been in PM somewhere..

cestlavie2010

glad i am not alone...If you find some of the "Linda Blair"  code  :D please let me know...i am not very familiar with Sioc code and afraid to change and make errors...

Remco

blueskydriver

"Linda Blair" Code...now that is funny and yet, very true about SIOC!

John
| FSX | FDS-MIP OVRHD SYS CARDS FC1| PM | PMDG 737-700 | UTX | GEX | UT7 | ASE | REX2 | AES | TSR | IS | TOPCAT | AvilaSoft EFB | OC CARDS & OVRHD GAUGES| SIMKITS | SW 3D Lights | FS2CREW2010 | FSXPassengers | Flight1 AE | MATROX TH2GO-D | NTHUSIM | 3-Mits EW230Ust Proj |

Nat Crea

Ive seen that happen before to in other TQ's.
The FS throttle offsets are so sensitive it will send your levers into spasms.
Like NicD said, you need to program your TQ to ignore every small change in value.

Nat

tennyson

I got that same TQ, mate and that is far from normal.

If that were mine, I'd be getting some help with that immediately, from RSP.

They should be nice and smooth.

I wasn't even aware they were moving, when I first hooked mine up.

Nice vid, by the way,

Frank Cooper

MLeavy737

Sorry but that is just funny looking!! Lol

Yeah like others said here FS autothrottle code is terrible.  Constant chasing back and forth.  I think its due to a lack of perf data that jould be used in conjunction with the autothrottles. I think FS just does reactive throttle movement instead active so to speak.

Either way they shouldnt jump around like that.  The worst ive seen is juat overcontrolling or hunting.

Btw in the real airplane you would be suprised how slow they are.  There are 2 speeds however.

Mike L

The 737 800/900... Fastest airplane with the gear down!

sluyt050

Hi Remco,

You have a weird reacting TQ, which I am about to receive soon by the way.
I know that you are using Prosim/Jetstream and I was wondering if Prosim could be responsible rather than FSX (or both?).

A Belgian guy that I recently spoke to, seems to have no problems (ref. http://www.flightdeck737.be/software/flightdeck-software/)
Edward

tennyson

I'm running ProSim (latest Version, 1.8), the Jetstream model and Version 2.0 RSP and my throttles don't do that, so I think you are barking up the wrong teee with ProSim.

I'd be thinking more along the lines of the variable code in SIOC. That's why I suggested contacting RSP.

It seems that the variables are slightly different for each model or maybe each different version of the internal software.

Frank Cooper

fsaviator

Mine did the same when I first set it up.  Not as bad, but it appeared possessed.  I would suggest a Skype/remote access session with Oral, from RSP.  He performed magic.  There is no doubt that if you need help with SIOC and the TQ, he is the man to talk to.
Warren "FSAviator"
http://www.B737NG-Sim.com  |  https://www.facebook.com/fsaviator/
P3D45/ Prosim737 2/ ACE Dual-linked Yokes/ RevSim Proline TQ and Dual-linked Rudders/ CPFlight MCP PRO3 and EFIS'; MIP737ICS_FULL and SIDE737; Forward and Aft Overheads; Pedestal/ FDS MIP

cestlavie2010

ok...will ask guys from Rev sim.

Like the Website ?
Support Cockpitbuilders.com and Click Below to Donate